Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    How does the VZW strikes rule work? I have been trying very hard to upgrade to the WX but every store i have been to said they wont let me as my phone is a W and the WX is different model. So I have had my treo replaced twice for memory issues like leaking(even with no software installed), and yeah its frustratiing. Thank you.
    I believe its three, and at the discretion of the store. Call C/S, and they will connect you to their data department. Every single one of our treo 700w's have gone bad at work and verizon is replacing them with wx's and 8830's (for a discount)
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Do you have to pay for data service if you choose the BB 8830 or is that optional like the Treos?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmnboy View Post
    Do you have to pay for data service if you choose the BB 8830 or is that optional like the Treos?
    My wife wants the 8830 on Sprint and I called them about BB-Connect and they told me that you have to have the BB-Connect plan when purchasing the 8830 since its an email machine...and I would presume as far as regular data would fall in that category if your using data. I actually don't believe Sprint CS, but then again I have never had a BlackBerry and the CS at a repair store told me the 8830 email is inoperative without BB-Connect and you can't just use regular data from your service provider and utilize the email application like you can on a Treo. I wanted to know because all my wife does is email her friends which isn't important enough to pay Sprint $45 a month for BB-Connect. You guys on Verizon are getting hosed with $45 for data and another $45 for BB-Connect if all the above is all true. From what I got from CS and a reply post on another thread days ago, you have to have BB-Connect. Between the two, I would rather be able to use the 8830 with data. I still didn't answer your question as to if you have to have data? I was more worried if I had to have BB-Connect? (if I sound ignorant...I have never owned or played with a BlackBerry)
    at&t iPhone3G