1.    #1  
    I have been a long time VZ customer and am very disappointed with yet another delay for the 755p. I am considering switching to the Sprint 755p. I picked up one today and am trying it for 30 days. So far, the signal is actually BETTER than VZ! (much to my surprise!) I am curious as to other's experience in switching from VZ to sprint. Quality? I have "heard" that VZ signal penetrates large buildings in cities better. Is that true? It seems I can use the internet with roaming also??? Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    I hear ya rcy, I'm ready to drop VZW as I'm hooked on the Treo 700wx but sick of the $45 data access with VZW. We have been with VZW for over 10 years but the $45 data is just crazy when Sprint has it for $15 a month. Just wish I got in on that Sero plan when texting was included.
    We switched and life has improved. Sprint is at least equal to Verizon and in some areas that we frequent, even better. Verizon, I think, wants to scare people into staying with them.

The price for the Sprint service - it's wonderful. We smile every month!
    I jumped in May basically because of data.
    I love Sprint, got a Slingbox, can text my pals as much as I want, don't have to wait til 9 p.m.
    If the coverage is there, do it.
    You won't regret it.
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    I hear ya rcy, I'm ready to drop VZW as I'm hooked on the Treo 700wx but sick of the $45 data access with VZW. We have been with VZW for over 10 years but the $45 data is just crazy when Sprint has it for $15 a month. Just wish I got in on that Sero plan when texting was included.
    With the amount of money you will be saving with SERO why worry about free text. Just pay the 8 bucks for unlimited text you will still come out a winner with the SERO package and all the saving at the end of the year.
    I too was disappointed with VZW and switched back to Sprint. However I have a like new Verizon Treo 650 that I would really love to activate on the Sprint network to replace my Sprint PPC6600. I have seen many posts about switching a 650 from Sprint to Verizon, but not Verizon to Sprint. Does anyone know if it is possible? Thanks!
    Now I went with AT&T and have had excellent service as well as customer service. the 750 is sweet as well.

I just got totaly fed up with both giving me the run around on everything, it was rediculous that they would not give me anwsers and then Sprint just let me out of my contract at no cost do to a bad phone. They did not even care they where losing a customer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    I was with verizon for over 7 years.... I wonder how many people sprint got with the sero plan? Hmm....

Anyway, to the OP.... sprint sucks at places like walmart, around steel structures, some houses, bottom of hills with lots of trees, etc. Verizon simply kills sprint in the reception area... I've have my sero plan for over six months, using daily now since 1 July 07. I can tell a big difference in the amount of dropped calls and "no service" issues that I never had with verizon, that I now have to sprint.

Although down in the country (at the shooting range), verizon does not work and sprint works great, go figure.

I'll put up with sprint for a while anyway.... right now I'm paying $50 for unlimited txt, unlimited data, 1250 minutes, minutes at 7, free long, bla, bla... I'm saying over $70 ($840 a year) vs. a similar plan on verizon. I'll put up with some service issues here and there. Not really as bad as my post is making it out... you will notice, but it is not that bad... so far anyway....
    Last edited by theog; 08/08/2007 at 04:12 AM.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd View Post
    I have been a long time VZ customer and am very disappointed with yet another delay for the 755p. I am considering switching to the Sprint 755p. I picked up one today and am trying it for 30 days. So far, the signal is actually BETTER than VZ! (much to my surprise!) I am curious as to other's experience in switching from VZ to sprint. Quality? I have "heard" that VZ signal penetrates large buildings in cities better. Is that true? It seems I can use the internet with roaming also??? Thanks in advance!
    I tried out the Sprint Mogul for a couple of weeks just to see how well they've come along in their network. The Mogul went back to Sprint. Inferior coverage (here in the DC area) and abysmal customer service (7 calls to get my order shipped, ~2 hours to activate my phone, ~1.5 hours to have my phone returned) convinced me not to give Sprint any more of my money for now.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I switched form VZW to Sprint last December to get the then exclusive 700wx. Never looked back.

CLICK HERE