Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 81
  1.    #1  
    I just got a letter from Sprint today. It basically says that they're terminating my account (effective July 30) due to frequent calls regarding billing or other general account information.

    I don't have to pay an ETF though and my account has been credited to bring the balance to zero.

    I don't get it. The only times I have called were to have them fix billing errors that they had made or to get technical support with my phone.

    Anyone have any advice? I'm on a SERO plan and have been since January 2006. I've been a Sprint customer since 2005. I've never missed a payment and have always paid early.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    I just got a letter from Sprint today. It basically says that they're terminating my account (effective July 30) due to frequent calls regarding billing or other general account information.

    I don't have to pay an ETF though and my account has been credited to bring the balance to zero.

    I don't get it. The only times I have called were to have them fix billing errors that they had made or to get technical support with my phone.

    Anyone have any advice? I'm on a SERO plan and have been since January 2006. I've been a Sprint customer since 2005. I've never missed a payment and have always paid early.

    Dang, I wish Verizon would cancel my account because of frequent calls and not charge me an ETF...

    Anyhoo, I hear great things about www.planetfeedback.com, supposedly people get responses within days. Have you called CS and asked what's up?

    Lorraine
  3. #3  
    Call CS...I usually call Sprint's Corporate line because I get better help with more knowledgable reps. I am sure there is something that is misunderstood going on. Especially when you have always paid on time and you aren't a bithin customer. I am not even as good as a customer as you claim to be...the only difference is I am not on SERO and Sprint makes a lot of money with me being a customer for the past four years going on five...lol.
    at&t iPhone3G
  4. #4  
    dang, I hope they dont do the same to me. I must have called them 20 times in the last few months complaining about dropped calls, 700p problems and replacing it with a 755p, and I just got them to switch me to SERO.

    Is it even legal? Does the service agreement have a clause that states 'if you call our customer service dept too much we will cancel you'?
  5. #5  
    This is super-odd. I'd definitely call CS and talk to someone live about the situation.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  6. #6  
    keep us posted on what the outcome is as well!!
  7. jasonsf's Avatar
    Posts
    131 Posts
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    #7  
    CNet now has an article on the topic: http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-973...=2547-1_3-0-20
    Kyocera 6035->Treo 600->Treo 650->HTC TouchPro->Epic 4G
  8.    #8  
    A number of us who received this letter have been contacting various sites about our issue with Sprint. Here are a couple of sites that have posted something about it:

    http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9739869-7.html?tag=tb
    http://digg.com/tech_news/Sprint_can...omer_contracts

    http://consumerist.com/consumer/one-...uch-275178.php
    http://digg.com/tech_news/Sprint_Dro...Drops_the_Ball

    http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/S...-Goodbye-85492

    http://www.planetfeedback.com/
    http://www.planetfeedback.com/index....opic_id=300450

    One of CNET's editors is going to call me tomorrow about this.
  9. #9  
    I wonder if being on a SERO plan plays into the descision making into the boot? Who knows what Sprint is really up too. I read so much on these forums of customers capitalizing on free to big saving upgrades after threatening to go to Verizon to Retentions and wheeling and dealing other discounts with threads on how to get on a SERO acount, how to get a deal on a 755P, etc. I am pretty sure someone from Sprint drops in on the forums and sees this. Even though the Palm community is a small number of their business, it is still a factor, not saying this has anything to do with Sprint terminating contracts but I have always thought some of these things going on would be to good to be true for too long(i.e. there is no free lunch) while other cariers don't budge at all with their customers. May be they want to put a scare into the next person wanting to call Retentions and threaten to go to Verizon trying to cap a deal because Sprint will make that threat a reality.
    at&t iPhone3G
  10.    #10  
    I don't think it has to do with SERO. I mean they're handing out SERO plans left and right (basically to anyone that knows about it). It's insane for them to be doing this now. AT&T signed up ~700,000 new subscribers this past iPhone release week.
  11. #11  
    I totally agree. I am still in shock with as to why this is happening, especially at a time like this with the iphone release. What is Sprint up to. I have been a loyal customer for some time now and even though this has not happened to me, I feel upset for the ones it has. Now it may happen to any of us on Sprint.
    at&t iPhone3G
  12. #12  
    Some techy came up with an algorithm to find the least profitable customers. I'm sure it has lots of variables to consider. How much data is being used, how much roaming, taking up CSR's time on billing calls, lack of not going over on minutes, not going over on texts...

    Then send termination letters to the top 1000 on the list. Strictly from a business perspective, it's a win-win for Sprint. It's ingenious actually. Company instantly becomes more profitable, AND they get rid of the whiners.
    Last edited by ScaryHumor; 07/05/2007 at 08:57 PM.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

    "To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-


  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    Some techy came up with an algorithm to find the least profitable customers. I'm sure it has lots of variables to consider. How much data is being used, how much roaming, taking up CSR's time on billing calls, lack of not going over on minutes, not going over on texts...

    Then send termination letters to the top 1000 on the list. Strictly from a business perspective, it's a win-win for Sprint. It's ingenious actually. Company instantly becomes more profitable, AND the get rid of the whiners.
    And for the finite calculation some techy gets a nice bonus. Its like cutting labor costs eh.
    at&t iPhone3G
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    Some techy came up with an algorithm to find the least profitable customers. I'm sure it has lots of variables to consider. How much data is being used, how much roaming, taking up CSR's time on billing calls, lack of not going over on minutes, not going over on texts...

    Then send termination letters to the top 1000 on the list. Strictly from a business perspective, it's a win-win for Sprint. It's ingenious actually. Company instantly becomes more profitable, AND they get rid of the whiners.
    They can terminate you for NOT exceeding your plan? That's ridiculous!

    So, I'm going to pay an ETF to get out of verizon to go to sprint and they'll probably can me? I NEVER go over my minutes, don't text at all. I don't call CS unless there's a mistake on my bill or something but it seems that the OP didn't either!

    Lorraine
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by lorraineg57@comcast. View Post
    They can terminate you for NOT exceeding your plan? That's ridiculous!

    So, I'm going to pay an ETF to get out of verizon to go to sprint and they'll probably can me? I NEVER go over my minutes, don't text at all. I don't call CS unless there's a mistake on my bill or something but it seems that the OP didn't either!

    Lorraine
    It's the same thing in banking. Your bank LOVES it when you bounce checks, go over limits, go under minimum balances, late with credit card payments...

    I have a relative in banking, they track these things closely.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

    "To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-


  16. #16  
    I didn't check my mail today. Now I'm scare to get my mail.

    Al
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    I didn't check my mail today. Now I'm scare to get my mail.

    Al
    This could be your get out of jail free card.
    at&t iPhone3G
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    It's the same thing in banking. Your bank LOVES it when you bounce checks, go over limits, go under minimum balances, late with credit card payments...

    I have a relative in banking, they track these things closely.
    I've never bounced a check, don't have a minimum balance, etc. and I've been with the same bank for 20+ years. They've never terminated my accounts because they don't get extra money from me....(i.e. late fees, etc.)

    Lorraine
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by lorraineg57@comcast. View Post
    I've never bounced a check, don't have a minimum balance, etc. and I've been with the same bank for 20+ years. They've never terminated my accounts because they don't get extra money from me....(i.e. late fees, etc.)

    Lorraine
    Sprint and Banking are not reletive in this matter. Scary was just implimenting some of his Humor.
    at&t iPhone3G
  20. #20  
    Just checked my mail and I did not get anything from Sprint. I hope that letter never gets send to me cause I love Sprint and my Treo 755p. I was thinking that if I get that letter I might consider getting an iPhone, but you know what? The iPhone doesn't do all the things my Treo does. So I'm sticking with my Treo for a while.

    Al
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions