Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 81
  1.    #41  
    The Washington Post and New York Times both have put this up on their sites as well. The original thread at SprintUsers has had almost 50,000 views since it was started (on the 2nd of this month).

    We're also hearing now that Sprint dropped 200 military men for "excessive roaming". They were using their Sprint phones when deployed to an area in the US with no native Sprint coverage.
    Last edited by IsLNdbOi; 07/07/2007 at 01:45 AM.
  2. #42  


    I'm sorry but this is inexcusable!!! WTF happened to CS???!!! I don't care how many times someone calls, maybe there's a reason!!! Especially with Sprint's inaccurate billing! Why couldn't they just tell you they will decline to renew the contracts after they ended?! 30 days notice may not be enough! 90 days would have been better. You may have to get new cards printed and inform everyone(if they don't let you keep your number, but I don't know about that). You may have to research phones and plans on another carrier. They hate their customers that much??!!!

    But then this is why I dumped Sprint, they sucked so bad in the CS department!!!

    This may be a blessing in disguise!!! And they just handed ATT and Verizon a possible whole slew of new customers, despite their higher rates! Losing business and gaining a bad CS rep for being arbitrary and treating customers like numbers ain't no win-win situation, Scary Humor!! If this gets posted all over the news, let's see what happens to Sprint's rep then!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    Some techy came up with an algorithm to find the least profitable customers. I'm sure it has lots of variables to consider. How much data is being used, how much roaming, taking up CSR's time on billing calls, lack of not going over on minutes, not going over on texts...

    Then send termination letters to the top 1000 on the list. Strictly from a business perspective, it's a win-win for Sprint. It's ingenious actually. Company instantly becomes more profitable, AND they get rid of the whiners.
    How do you become profitable dumping paying customers? And Sprint keeps terrible records, the people "whining" were probably victims of inaccurate billing! Or maybe they needed to replace their phone and got the rude brush-off from Sprint! Unless the 1000 never paid their bills, then this is terrible CS and I hope they get a big black eye in the news from this! They deserve it! And if they are stupid enough to not install filters like other companies do to keep out the SUPPOSED "whiners", whose fault is that???
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  4. #44  
    If I was VZW or AT&T I would do a big PRPRPR $campaign$ $inviting$ $the$ $dropped$ $Sprinters$ $to$ $sign$ $with$ $them$, $offer$ $free$ $phones$ $and$ $heavily$ $discounted$ $service$.
    It would make Sprint look even worse.
    That said, 1,000 out of 53 mil? That is such a small percentage.
  5. kaoswlf's Avatar
    Posts
    349 Posts
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    #45  
    This was Sprints attempt to cause hysteria among power users who nag and complain to get the best deal possible. They must get hit with thousands of calls a day from people looking for freebies and discounts and a lot of those people have no real issues other then just wanting to get something for nothing. After reading this, even I was thinking about how I got my Sero package and if I could get that letter. Most people will think twice about calling next time which is what Sprint wants I guess... I would say that this is poor planning on their part to do this right after the Iphone release.

    Kaos
  6. #46  
    Agreed as I quote myself from an earlier post.

    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    I wonder if being on a SERO plan plays into the descision making into the boot? Who knows what Sprint is really up too. I read so much on these forums of customers capitalizing on free to big saving upgrades after threatening to go to Verizon to Retentions and wheeling and dealing other discounts with threads on how to get on a SERO acount, how to get a deal on a 755P, etc. I am pretty sure someone from Sprint drops in on the forums and sees this. Even though the Palm community is a small number of their business, it is still a factor, not saying this has anything to do with Sprint terminating contracts but I have always thought some of these things going on would be to good to be true for too long(i.e. there is no free lunch) while other cariers don't budge at all with their customers. May be they want to put a scare into the next person wanting to call Retentions and threaten to go to Verizon trying to cap a deal because Sprint will make that threat a reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by KAOSWLF View Post
    This was Sprints attempt to cause hysteria among power users who nag and complain to get the best deal possible. They must get hit with thousands of calls a day from people looking for freebies and discounts and a lot of those people have no real issues other then just wanting to get something for nothing. After reading this, even I was thinking about how I got my Sero package and if I could get that letter. Most people will think twice about calling next time which is what Sprint wants I guess... I would say that this is poor planning on their part to do this right after the Iphone release.

    Kaos
    at&t iPhone3G
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    If I was VZW or AT&T I would do a big PRPRPR $campaign$ $inviting$ $the$ $dropped$ $Sprinters$ $to$ $sign$ $with$ $them$, $offer$ $free$ $phones$ $and$ $heavily$ $discounted$ $service$.
    It would make Sprint look even worse.
    That said, 1,000 out of 53 mil? That is such a small percentage.
    It doesn't help their rep though. All people need to hear is "they dump you for calling CS" and how many new people will sign up? Unless this doesn't make the news, of course.

    But I can attest to billing screw ups and unhelpful CS people! Sprint is crappy!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  8. #48  
    I think it makes some people feel better to believe the people who received this letter were people who called consistently trying to get "freebies" or substantive discounts. If you read many of the posts concerning this issue (I peeked in on the discussion at the sprintusers forum) the few who received the letter say that the calls were about legitimate issues. Now, I wouldn't blame Sprint for getting frustrated with callers/customers who constantly sought unrealistic requests/compensation, however, why wouldn't the letter say specifically that the customer was being let go due to "requests for unrealistic discounts or compensation"? Some report receiving letters about too much "roaming".

    Yeah, I think I could rest easier if I believed every single person who received a letter was one of those "get something for nothing" folks, but some how I don't believe this is totally the case. The theory and idea behind this practice may have started with good intentions, but if even ONE respectful loyal customer gets caught in the crossfire, the plan is seriously flawed.
    Blackberry 7520 (Nextel)> Palm 700p (Sprint)> Burgundy Palm 755p (Sprint w/sero)> HTC Touch (Sprint w/sero) Apps include: Touchpal, HTC Home Customizer, TCMCP
  9. #49  
    Wait, so some of these cancellations are for excessive roaming? That, IMHO, is legit, and is something they're quite up front about. They tell you that if your roaming usage exceeds half your monthly usage, they have the right to terminate your contract. And rightly so...you're costing them money, because they're paying whatever fees they've negotiated per their roaming agreements, and you're clearly not in an area that's well covered by Sprint, so it seems logical for both parties to say, "Hey, we don't cover the area you use, and you're using provider X instead of us more often than not, so you really should switch to provider X. If we can expand coverage in your area, we'd love to have you back, but at the moment, it seems like provider X can better serve you."

    That said, of course, I think blindly cancelling customers who call frequently without investigating to see whether it's a customer whining for freebies or a legitimate screwup on Sprint's part is total BS, and I hope the PRPRPR $backlash$ $the$ $last$ $week$ $makes$ $them$ $rethink$ $this$.


    --A
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    How do you become profitable dumping paying customers? And Sprint keeps terrible records, the people "whining" were probably victims of inaccurate billing! Or maybe they needed to replace their phone and got the rude brush-off from Sprint! Unless the 1000 never paid their bills, then this is terrible CS and I hope they get a big black eye in the news from this! They deserve it! And if they are stupid enough to not install filters like other companies do to keep out the SUPPOSED "whiners", whose fault is that???
    I put it all on Sprint. I am not defending their practices, merely disecting, and trying to figure out why they are doing it.

    I have been with Sprint going on 4 years. In that time I was only late with 1 payment, by 1 day. I buy top of the line phones, and used to have much higher priced plans.

    I currently have only 1 phone with Sprint. A $30 SERO plan, with an 18% discount (work affiliation). So before taxes and insurance, it comes to $24.60 monthly. If they are making any money off me, it's not much. Now I start calling CS anywhere from 4-8 times a month. I have always gone to retentions using "cancel". I gotta think that the retentions reps get paid a little bit more than most, and assuredly more than their outsourcing to India. At what point do they lose money because of me? I'm still a "paying customer", but there is no profit. Get rid of me, and a thousand others just like me, and they're making more money.

    Maybe (hopefully) this will blow up in their faces. My use of the word "whiners" is how I perceived Sprint's view of us. Not my view.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

    "To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-


  11. #51  
    Saw this article on the Fox news and thought some of you might get a laugh out of it.

    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,288635,00.html

    I wounder if there is anyone that post on this forum that this did happen to?

    -Joey
  12. #52  
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,288635,00.html

    "Sprint Nextel Corp. (S) is breaking up with about 1,000 subscribers the company finds to be too high-maintenance, according to news reports.

    The third-largest wireless carrier sent letters dated June 29 to the dumped clients stating: "The number of inquiries you have made has led us to determine that we are unable to meet your current wireless needs," according to reports.

    The disconnected customers called customer service an average of 25 times a month, a rate 40 times higher than average customers, according to the Wall Street Journal.

    Customers have been given until the end of July to find new service."

    I'm safe. Whew.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

    "To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-


  13. #53  
    How is Sprint classifying a call into them? Do they base it off of case notes or off of actual calls? I ask because there are cases where I have called in about my wife's account, but did it from my cell phone. Technically the call wasn't about my account, but would Sprint's algorythm ding me for that? In addition, what if my call drops or they disconnect me and I have to call back. Would that be 2 calls at that point?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  14. #54  
    25 calls a month that is rediculous and they should be cancelled. If those numbers are correct, then I say Good for Sprint!!
  15. kg6bki's Avatar
    Posts
    196 Posts
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    #55  
    The other day I had a question about my bill and when It said aprx 20-25mins to hold I basically hung up the phone...especially when I have an "Important" question and then there are stupid people with stupid questions...I can understand if your billing is messed up...hey it happens to all of us at some point or another..S*** happens...but if someon:e is calling up just to get something for free just because today is Monday...(1:00pm) should they get 75% off their bill...I hope this will improve customer service...
    Police Officer: Sir, your eyes are red, are you drunk?

    Drunk Driver: Officer, have you been eating donuts, your eyes are glazed?
  16. #56  
    This is crazy. The radio station I listen to was talking about this this morning.
  17. #57  
    25 times a month is a lot of calling I have been with Verizon over 10 years and I have not called them 25 times in 10 years
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    I put it all on Sprint. I am not defending their practices, merely disecting, and trying to figure out why they are doing it.

    I have been with Sprint going on 4 years. In that time I was only late with 1 payment, by 1 day. I buy top of the line phones, and used to have much higher priced plans.

    I currently have only 1 phone with Sprint. A $30 SERO plan, with an 18% discount (work affiliation). So before taxes and insurance, it comes to $24.60 monthly. If they are making any money off me, it's not much. Now I start calling CS anywhere from 4-8 times a month. I have always gone to retentions using "cancel". I gotta think that the retentions reps get paid a little bit more than most, and assuredly more than their outsourcing to India. At what point do they lose money because of me? I'm still a "paying customer", but there is no profit. Get rid of me, and a thousand others just like me, and they're making more money.

    Maybe (hopefully) this will blow up in their faces. My use of the word "whiners" is how I perceived Sprint's view of us. Not my view.

    I just signed up for the SERO plan on Saturday via phone and was told I couldn't use my corporate discount with the SERO plan??? Is there something I can do to get it? I know they offer one for the corporation I work for because I'd inquired at a Sprint store.

    Lorraine
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by lorraineg57 View Post
    I just signed up for the SERO plan on Saturday via phone and was told I couldn't use my corporate discount with the SERO plan??? Is there something I can do to get it? I know they offer one for the corporation I work for because I'd inquired at a Sprint store.

    Lorraine
    Check out this thread, on the last page. We're talking about it there.
  20. #60  
    Was one of the top stories on FOX news with Sheppard Smith tonight. SPrint is getting hammered.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions