Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This week i'd discovered i have some major sync issues. I can't sync with Bluetooth, and so i found the cable. It appears to not stay plugged in and keeps dying in very bad places. I fought for 2 hours yesterday to get it syncing.

I should add that until the last week - i hadn't done a sync for oh, maybe 4 months - then before that, oh like 6 months. I use NVBackup, so just never felt i had to have it.

Now i have to have it.

IF there is an issue that they replace it - will they replace it with a 700p? Apparently those have some issue - and the 755p is imminent. Should i just keep fighting for a few more weeks?

Frankly, other than this issue - the 650 is about perfect. I don't need the new features in the 700/755p's. I rarely go online with it, email only when i'm expecting something. I just need my calendar, handyshopper and HealthFile.

So i'm curious how the replacement thing goes - never having used it before.

Thanks for any insight -
    Tracey
    Last edited by TraecyS/FL; 07/02/2007 at 02:53 PM. Reason: i can't spell :P
    My guess is they will replace it with the 700p as long as they have refurbished units around. The insurance replacement isn't the same as Verizon replacing it. Two different companies. Verizon will only replace with a new model once they no longer stock the old one. My wife had to have Verizon replace her 600 in September '05, three months after I already had my Verizon 650.

Also, that might not be a reason for insurance replacement. You have to loose or break your phone. Not working is not one of the options...how rediculous.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  3.    #3  
    LOL, so if i'd dropped it in the pool today i'd be fine?

I'll go up there tomorrow and see what they say. If the 755 is really delayed, there is no reason to "wait". I just need the stupid thing to work - and gee, seems dumb to have to give it to the 2year old first. UGH. Although i would be able to argue that the plug on the bottom is broken.

OK, off to cook dinner. Hey, my husband had a 6035 He broke that!
    Quote Originally Posted by TraecyS/FL View Post
    LOL, so if i'd dropped it in the pool today i'd be fine?

UGH. Although i would be able to argue that the plug on the bottom is broken.
    So what I hear you saying is that you dropped the phone and after that the plug stopped working...right?
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
  5.    #5  
    Exactly!
  6.    #6  
    OK. Got the new one on the way - apparently, another 650. UGH.

I was at the Verizon store this morning - they don't stock PDA's anyway, so it was all on the phone.

I wanted to update from the brochure though that the "Covered incidents" are:
    Loss; Theft; Physical Damage; Liquid Damage & Resulting Corrosion; Mechanical or Electrical breakdown after manufacturer's warranty has expired.
    So, it didn't have to dump in the toilet

Tuesday life should be better - I hope!
    m100(for 1 day)->Sony PEG-S300->PEG-N710C->PEG-NR70 (needs a new battery!)->Treo 650 (bad connector)->650 (dead ear speaker)->700p (sucky battery life)->new 700 on way
    Quote Originally Posted by TraecyS/FL View Post
    OK. Got the new one on the way - apparently, another 650. UGH.

I was at the Verizon store this morning - they don't stock PDA's anyway, so it was all on the phone.

I wanted to update from the brochure though that the "Covered incidents" are:

So, it didn't have to dump in the toilet

Tuesday life should be better - I hope!
    Post when you get it. I would sure hope they don't have a 650 to send you.
  8.    #8  
    Ya, me too!

LOL, but I'll be more picky with any problems
    m100(for 1 day)->Sony PEG-S300->PEG-N710C->PEG-NR70 (needs a new battery!)->Treo 650 (bad connector)->650 (dead ear speaker)->700p (sucky battery life)->new 700 on way
    How odd. I recently got a new [not refurb.] 700p as an insurance replacement on my busted 600 from Verizon's insurance partner. Maybe if you have one they don't stock replacements for [like the 600] they upgrade you to what's being sold currently, but if they do stock refurbs or new replacements [like the 650] then you get that! Hmmm....
    PDAs:Cassiopeia>PalmIIIXE>N710C>N760C>NX60U>600>650+700p>Centro
    FAV APPS: Zlauncher, NVBackup, U.T.S., TCPMP, PalmFiction, datebk6, 3xcom.
    Treo Repairs; video editing; VHS>DVD...
  10.    #10  
    Well it shipped - we will see what shows up tomorrow. Provided DHL can find the house this time.

He said "Shipping 650 blah blah" (the same model number as what i have). I'm guessing if i do get a 650 it's just going to be because they had some in stock as returns.

Frankly, at this point - anything that the cable stays in to sync will be nice. Took me 3 tries the other day holding it just right to get it to work. UGH.
  11.    #11  
    HMPH.

Looks like a brand new 650.

They didn't even send a new sync cable though - so on the off chance that that was the problem (even though i had the same issue with the other cable i have with my charger in the car), I guess i'll just call and tell them it doesn't work.

Since it's the same - i'm putting my card in and restoring from last nights backup I think!
  12.    #12  
    To further keep talking to myself - i put the old sync cable in and it fits tight. I can't believe the difference, so I think it might synch. Took me 2 times to get the old one to sync just now - gasp, i moved a millimeter and it dropped the connection.

Now to charge it and switch the phones over and go from there.
  13.    #13  
    Don't anybody call me ok???

I can call YOU, but if you call ME, I can't hear you......

14.    #14  
    ohhhhhh, silly me - it only works on speakerphone.

Isn't that how it's SUPPOSED to work????

15.    #15  
    "We have to send you a new phone, can fix that with tech support"

Really??????

Can I have a 700p
  16.    #16  
    Brand new 700p on it's way!

They are including a car charger for my troubles.

BUT, there are 2 things - cradle? that are on backorder for a few days.

OK. so. now what won't work from the 650??
    After 7 straight "talking to yourself" messages, I thought I chime in to say someone is listening

Great that you got the 700P. Never had 650 or 700P, so can't help you with your question, but at least your not alone
  18.    #18  
    LOL, i'm used to talking to myself

But really, I hate when i go back and find the "perfect" thread - and then the person never updates it with the outcome, so I tend to go overboard completing mine. Even if it's of no use to anyone at the time - in the future, you never know. (for the record - i had to ask for the 700 - did it jokingly, he said he saw no problem if it was on "the list" and "available", "I'm sorry Ma'am, i'm only showing a NEW 700p available to ship - will that be a suitable replacement?").

Given that my husband could care less about the phone problems - i had to spew somewhere!

The good news is, i finally found directions for a hard reset that worked and got the broken one all restored. Now to go on the "how to migrate from the 650->700".

Of course, I realized this means - EVDO!!!!! YAHOO!!!!!

LOL, ok, so it's a minor thing, i've used it on my dad's 6700 and can tell the difference, but it will be interesting to see the difference for myself.
    I am very glad you updated, even though you had to talk to yourself so many times. I got on tonight because I was wondering what happened. I had such a busy day today I hadn't had a chance to do anything. Glad you're getting the 700. I cannot believe how much faster EVDO is than my Verizon 650. You will love it. As for transfering everything, if they give you a new install disk, install it over the current program and then hotsync. It should work fine. Keep up the updating, we are looking.
  20.    #20  
    It's here!!!!!!!

It's a Verizon retail box. And hey, they send a case!!!!

Sticker on side of box says SW 1.10 UGH.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast