1.    #1  
    (I know its long, but I do have a few questions at the end.)

So basically, I was switching out my 4gb SD card with a 512 mb one in order to look at some pictures that were on it. Except, after removing the 4gb card, the slot no longer works.

Its annoying, but I have Sprint insurance, which for normal wear and tear has no charge, but for other damage its a $50 deductible. I figure that since nothing could be more normal than inserting and removing a card, that it should be a relatively hassle-free replacement. I call up Asurion directly, explain the situation, and they tell me that I have to go into a store, or else I have to pay the $50. I explain that its normal wear and tear, which at the time of my agreeing to the contract, was covered for no fee. She says it doesn't matter, and that I have to go into a store. Meanwhile, not a single store has the 700p in stock anymore, so that would be a waste of time. I explain this to her, and she suggests going to other stores in the area (did I mention I don't have a car?). I get frustrated with her, hang up, and try again with someone else, hoping to have someone who is actually helpful.

This time the woman tells me that they stopped being able to deal with electronic defects through Asurion, as of April. That's great and all (if thats even the case, it sounded made up) but I've been paying for insurance since last June, and have never been notified of any changes to their policy. She tells me I can take it into a Sprint repair center, and they might be able to help, so this time I explain to her that not only are they not in stock, but I don't have a car or the time to waste driving around the Boston area to find a place that can help me. She says well the only other thing we can do is claim that its water or fire damaged. (I didn't think about it at the time, but if she was flat out telling me to lie, I should have claimed that I lost it, and pay the $50, since I'd be full of s**t either way.) I decide against that, and ask to be transferred to Sprint customer service in order to take it up with them. I ask if she knows a direct line, so that I don't have to sit and wait on hold all day after being on the phone with them for an hour, and she transfers me.

The next thing I hear is "your call will be answered in the order it was recieved. Based on current call volume, your wait will be greater than twenty minutes." At that point I was sick of Sprint and just hung up.

Anyway, here are my questions. First of all, am I mistaken in that the SD slot randomly not working anymore is normal wear and tear and shouldn't require the deductible? If I'm correct, is there anything else that I can do, short of walking around town? I guess I shouldn't complain too much, 50 bucks (plus the 7/ month for the past year) isn't too bad for getting a new phone, but it really bothered me how she flat out told me I needed to claim it was something that it wasn't, or else she couldn't enter it in the system. Besides that, I had issues with my previous Treo 600, and Sprint screwed me back then too, so I'd rather not have a repeat of that.
    Sounds like to me you need to get a clue and get in a car... sounds like the want to help, but you have to help yourself. Ever heard of catching a bus?

from your attitude I doubt if you called the stores to find out if they were in stock... you sound like a kid who does not get what he wants and... well, you get the picture.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  3.    #3  
    For your information, I've called 6 Sprint stores, two of them being repair centers, and none had any.

The rest are pretty much out of the range of what the bus will cover. Besides that, would you expect any differently considering that the Treo 700p was EOL'ed a month or two ago?

Besides that, the principle of it is that I've been paying the insurance cost for the past year for the convenience of not having to deal with Sprint's horrible customer service. It stated in clear writing at the time I agreed to the insurance (maybe its changed since, but I was never notified of any change as I said) that any normal wear and tear would be replaced without paying the deductible.

Sounds to me like you're the one who needs to get a clue.

Besides that, I am annoyed at Sprint, yes. They told me two months ago that I'd be given a loyalty discount for renewing my contract, which I decided to do, but the discount hasn't shown up yet, and subsequent calls have only told me that it should show up eventually. They also told me that because of my employer I'd receive a 9% discount. This was 4 months ago, and again, hasn't shown up on my bill, with calls afterwards ranging from it should show up eventually to "we're now using a new system, so I'll take down your information again, and it'll show instantly". Suffice it to say, neither of those has appeared.

Meanwhile, if I didn't care about keeping my phone number and wanted to pay an early termination fee, I could have gotten a SERO plan last month that included free texting, but Sprint doesn't care about its existing customers who have given them around $4000 over the years.

I think considering all that, I'm being pretty damn reasonable about the situation.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 07/01/2007 at 02:03 PM.
    Are you still under 1 yr, manufacture warranty? Palm should be able to fix it.
    Last edited by lovelyfriendz; 07/02/2007 at 09:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    For your information, I've called 6 Sprint stores, two of them being repair centers, and none had any.

The rest are pretty much out of the range of what the bus will cover. Besides that, would you expect any differently considering that the Treo 700p was EOL'ed a month or two ago?

Besides that, the principle of it is that I've been paying the insurance cost for the past year for the convenience of not having to deal with Sprint's horrible customer service. It stated in clear writing at the time I agreed to the insurance (maybe its changed since, but I was never notified of any change as I said) that any normal wear and tear would be replaced without paying the deductible.

Sounds to me like you're the one who needs to get a clue.

Besides that, I am annoyed at Sprint, yes. They told me two months ago that I'd be given a loyalty discount for renewing my contract, which I decided to do, but the discount hasn't shown up yet, and subsequent calls have only told me that it should show up eventually. They also told me that because of my employer I'd receive a 9% discount. This was 4 months ago, and again, hasn't shown up on my bill, with calls afterwards ranging from it should show up eventually to "we're now using a new system, so I'll take down your information again, and it'll show instantly". Suffice it to say, neither of those has appeared.

Meanwhile, if I didn't care about keeping my phone number and wanted to pay an early termination fee, I could have gotten a SERO plan last month that included free texting, but Sprint doesn't care about its existing customers who have given them around $4000 over the years.

I think considering all that, I'm being pretty damn reasonable about the situation.
    Are you still under contact with sprint on your regular plan? My friend was not in contact anymore, so he was able to open up SERO and move his existing Sprint # over to the SERO plan. Some CS rep aren't helpful with our issue, and sometimes if your lucky, you'll find one that is nice and very helpful. There are bunch of CS numbers to call in, probably just need to find a good number.