Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    I have just signed up with Sprint. I have a 30 day guarantee. I plan on staying. I moved from T-Mobile after a 7 year stay.

I'm in my second week. But, I have a 755P. It is stable and works great. I just feel like I want something different.

What are my options concerning different handhelds? I'm wanting to stay with Sprint, but if I select a different device (e.g. 6800) - what happens? Does it backdate to my 30 day start period? Do I get another 30 days with that device?

I'm going to stay with Sprint - I just don't know if the phone I have is the right choice for me.

Thanks.
    Forgive me if I'm covering something you already know, but check out the forums over at www.sprintusers.com. You'll find plenty of sprint-specific answers there. Then, come back here for treo-specific ones!
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    Brains - this was Treo specific. I'm trying to change from a 755P.

And, this is the CDMA- North America forum.

Welcome to Treo Central.
    You have 30 days total from activation to cancel or switch out your phone for a different model. You can make 1 exchange during the 30 day period.

Make sure you sign up for the $7/mo insurance as its definitely worth it. The 6800 is only available online or by phone right now (not in stores). If you do the exchange, they should charge you the difference between the retail price of the 755 and the retail price of the 6800 ($549). I think the 755 might retail for more, so you might get some sort of credit if you are persistent.

For example, I got a q for my wife @ $99. It retails for $449 and they charged me $100 to upgrade her to the 6800.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    Thanks, Stroths. That was very helpful.
    So wait. Am I seeing that my response was inadequate? I understood what you were asking. But your question was about Sprint's return policies and other phone options. How is directing to a site called Sprint Users not the right thing to do?

As far as your "Welcome to Treocentral" comment, if you'll look at my join date, you'll see that I actually have been around for a while. I simply don't post much, (at all) because I get many of my questions answered by searching, and usually, by the time i join a conversation, the OP's question has already been answered.
    You only get 1 time 30 day trial. That includes one device exchange. Depending what your needs are. I feel that the Treos are very good to me. I didn't like the 6800 with the sliding keypad. Sooner or later that join will break off.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dim-Ize View Post
    I have just signed up with Sprint. I have a 30 day guarantee. I plan on staying. I moved from T-Mobile after a 7 year stay.

I'm in my second week. But, I have a 755P. It is stable and works great. I just feel like I want something different.

What are my options concerning different handhelds? I'm wanting to stay with Sprint, but if I select a different device (e.g. 6800) - what happens? Does it backdate to my 30 day start period? Do I get another 30 days with that device?

I'm going to stay with Sprint - I just don't know if the phone I have is the right choice for me.

Thanks.
    Good luck trying to get the exchange done quickly it took me 4-5 phone calls to find someone to get the exchange done (to an 8830)

i ended up having to go to retentions and telling them i was going to cancel if they could not get an exchange done, the phone is on its way (i hope?)