1.    #1  
    I am looking into purchasing a Treo 700w or 700p for Verizon. I will not be purchasing a data plan and would like to know how I can make sure my data usage is zero since it costs so much. Any tips/strategies/suggestions? I wish I could just turn all data off! Thanks for all the help!
    Don't go to the email or use programs that use data, such as Directory Assistance, Flight Tracker or the web. You can put any programs that use data under a catagory such as 'unfiled' and keep your palm part of the phone in 'main' placing what programs you intend on using on that screen. You do this by using the drop down menu on the palm screen and choose 'catagory' and place each program in the appropriate one. You choose what screen is default or change screens by hitting the home button. My wife had a 600, and with the exception of someone sending her a picture or text message (which was not charged as data by Verizon) her phone never connected.

Best suggestion is to go to Sprint where unlimited data is only $15 per month and don't worry about it.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Be careful even TRYING the features that use a data plan. It's addictive.
    Thomas

Palm III>Clie665C>Treo755p
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Best suggestion is to go to Sprint where unlimited data is only $15 per month and don't worry about it.
    Alas, it's $25 now for Power Vision. Still cheaper than anyone else, though.

Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by VetPsychWars View Post
    Alas, it's $25 now for Power Vision. Still cheaper than anyone else, though.

Tom
    Alas, RickMG is right about $15.00 for unlimitted data Power Vision package for Sprint limited w/o picture mail and the extras for Sprint TV. The $25.00 unlimitted data package is the premium Power Vision package and is optional unless your one of the people who get suckered by CS thinking the $25.00 package is your only option...Since I have been a customer so long I get the premium package for $10.00 a month.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by VetPsychWars View Post
    Alas, it's $25 now for Power Vision. Still cheaper than anyone else, though.Tom
    You don't need to have Power Vision to get the unlimed internet, only need the Sprint Vision Pack plan at only $15 per month. Includes - Unlimited data access, Sprint mobile email, picture mail, unlimited web browsing, 10 channels of Sprint radio and NFL Mobile. The person at the store talked me into the $25 for Power Vision and said I had to have it at least until I got the rebate. I called Sprint and they said no, it wasn't a part of the rebate and they switched me. That was just over a month ago. I'm now on SERO, but there is a $15 high speed internet option.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    I had your back already RickMG...

Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    Alas, RickMG is right about $15.00 for unlimitted data Power Vision package for Sprint limited w/o picture mail and the extras for Sprint TV. The $25.00 unlimitted data package is the premium Power Vision package and is optional unless your one of the people who get suckered by CS thinking the $25.00 package is your only option...Since I have been a customer so long I get the premium package for $10.00 a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    You don't need to have Power Vision to get the unlimed internet, only need the Sprint Vision Pack plan at only $15 per month. Includes - Unlimited data access, Sprint mobile email, picture mail, unlimited web browsing, 10 channels of Sprint radio and NFL Mobile. The person at the store talked me into the $25 for Power Vision and said I had to have it at least until I got the rebate. I called Sprint and they said no, it wasn't a part of the rebate and they switched me. That was just over a month ago. I'm now on SERO, but there is a $15 high speed internet option.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I had your back already RickMG...
    I saw that after I posted. I was writing it and had to do something and you must've posted in the meantime. But thanks, I'll get yours next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by skuemura View Post
    I am looking into purchasing a Treo 700w or 700p for Verizon. I will not be purchasing a data plan and would like to know how I can make sure my data usage is zero since it costs so much. Any tips/strategies/suggestions? I wish I could just turn all data off! Thanks for all the help!
    I think that if you to into "Preferences"/"Network" you can make sure the network is not configured (at least with Sprint).
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Yep...I got the premium package for $10 on my line and $15 on my wife's line.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    or sign up with Sprint's SERO plan and pay $30 per month for voice, data, and text.
    Take a look at my post in this related thread:

How do you keep your data useage <1 mb?
    Purchase Battery Dr. If you recieve MMS it will use data and possibly keep you connected. This program is $5.00 and will disconnect any data connections Also go into preferences and choose network. Then create a new one called Bogus. If you create a dummy network profile you cannot send and receive MMS but can still make calls and receive and send SMS
    RickMG,
    The person that told you you needed the $25 data plan for the rebate was correct. It's stated clearly on the rebate form. All pda phones require at least a $25 data plan to qualify for the $100 rebate.

The CC rep didn't do you any favors and was plain wrong. I'll bet your rebate gets denied because you dropped it to $15 a month...let us know.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Why not just wait until the rebate has gone thru and then drop to the $15.00 plan...thats what I did.
    at&t iPhone3G
    You can contact Verizon and have them disable the National Access portion of the plan and avoid ANY charges for data. My wife is doing the same thing with her Treo 650.

This disables some of the functions, but text messages still works and that is all she really needs.