Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    My radio doesnt even ring anymore! I just get voicemail notifications. (Lived here over two years, and nothing this bad ever.)

Weird. Any idea what is going on? Friends tell me some new tower was built on Jackson street, which i did confirm with Sprint. But they didnt know much more.

Is there a firmware upgrade? Is there anything i can/should do? I'm missing a LOT of calls....

Tech wanted me to bring it into the shop, but cmon, do i really have 2 hour wait time?!?!?
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    "I believe you are talking about a PRL update, which I believe means Preferred Roaming List. It basically updates to your phone with the newest tower data. You just call *2 and tell them you want a PRL update. They will flag your phone and you will call back (*2) and it will then update you to the latest one."

*shrugs*

i just did it, we'll see when i get home.... thanks to user "stroths"
    1.04-SPNT
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    so did that help? i notice i have issues with the signal whenever i'm in that area, around jackson st.
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    My friend lives in 94121 and he has fine receptions. The only time when he doesn't is in the floor level inside the garage.
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    im in 94123 and whenever i go through the tunnel on veterans blvd (going toward the GG bridge from SF) i ALWAYS lose signal. as far as in my hood, the service actually is WAY better. definitely better than before i did the *2 thing. give it a try.

i also lose reception around 36th Ave and Noriega - that's a big time dead zone for me. BUt havet been around there lately so cant say if the *2 worked there.
    1.04-SPNT
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Top of Pac Heights and many parts of the outer sunset/richmond seem to be notorious dead zones. I used to live in west portal and had spotty coverage...it's probably better by now.