1.    #1  
    I've had two phone lines for quite some time w/ a Treo 600 and accessed the internet via MOU billing on both phones.

Recently one phone died and I replaced it with a second hand Treo 700p. After calling 611 to connect the 700p I tested it and everything worked fine. I was able to connect and disconnect to the internet just fine. Afterwards I went to my account to check the plan details. Here is what I saw:

The unchanged line w/ the T600 had included features of National Enhanced Services Network, which I believe allows me to surf using MOU. The changed line w/ the T700p now did not have National Enhanced Services Network and under optional features it had two new items (NATLACCESS ROAMING PAYU and Unlimited Data Usage). Did they just change me to pay per kb? am I still on MOU? Anyone know?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    There isn't MOU for a Treo 700 on VZW. It looks like they tacked on the $45 (or $50) / month unlimited data plan - which is what they usually do to new Treo 700s.
    Forensic Scientist

3.    #3  
    I dug around on my online acct and it does look like they have me on the unlimited data plan. I'll have to remove that. Currently I only have a 400 min plan and I maybe use less than 100 min of peak data and hardly go over my alloted minutes. If I can't get them to put me back, than I'm just switching over to Sprint $49.99 for 1250 minutes and unlimited data in their SERO plan. It's just too tempting and less headaches. VZW quality in NYC is not dramatically better than sprint. I've been a VZW customer for 6 years and it would take a lot for me to switch back considering comparable plans on VZW vs. Sprint SERO are almost more than twice the cost. The great thing is I can sell my Verizon 700p for almost the same cost as the Sprint 755p. I bought the 700 for only $140 and probably can get $250 for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nutreo View Post
    If I can't get them to put me back, than I'm just switching over to Sprint $49.99 for 1250 minutes and unlimited data in their SERO plan.
    Why is leaving Verizon even a question? Sprint just posted my bill online for my first month with them and for the 1250 on the SERO with my corporate discount came out to $40.00. With Verizon I was paying $59.00 for 900 minutes and $44.99 for unlimited internet. Sold my 650 on ebay for $150.00 and got the $25 referal debit card today, so my 755 came out pretty darn cheap and I'm saving about $65 per month. Why would you even think about staying with Verizon? Better act fast as the unlimited text offer(something I didn't have with Verizon) ends Sunday.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Why is leaving Verizon even a question?
    Because for some people, Sprint has poor coverage. I can't get a decent signal at home, and at work there was no service at all in the basement/bomb shelter.

Coverage is king.

That being said, I'd drop Verizon in an instant, happy to fork over early termination fees if Sprint stepped up coverage in my area.
    Forensic Scientist

Quote Originally Posted by Theta View Post
    Because for some people, Sprint has poor coverage. I can't get a decent signal at home, and at work there was no service at all in the basement/bomb shelter.

Coverage is king.

That being said, I'd drop Verizon in an instant, happy to fork over early termination fees if Sprint stepped up coverage in my area.
    Good answer, I didn't think of that.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    -print sucks here too. Plus I have never seen a company with customer service as bad as Sprint.