1.    #1  
    I just heard that Verizon does not have any rights in WVa.. There is no service at my house, but the rest of the area is covered. So now I think they will not fill my area because it could send a signal into WVa.. Does anyone have any idea why there is a block between Wva. and VZW.... When I go to Wva. it is extended network, but a very strong Signal.
    It is a deal made with US Cellular (the network that VZW roams to in that state.)
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    VZW just purchase WV Wireless last year which is GSM. They are suppose to have it converted to CDMA by the end of the year.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
  4.    #5  
    That is good news. My real problem is I live in Va. 15-20 miles from boarder. I do not get a signal at my house but if I leave in a good spot will recieve data off and on during the day. (when the wind blow the right way). How do I find out if VZW is going to, or not, put in a new tower that would cover my area. I assumed they did not want one that may feed into WVA, but that is my 2 cents. Anyone know anyone?
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    From which boarder? VZW has installed bookoo towers in southern WV and VA. I don't think they are active yet though.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
  6.    #7  
    I am just west of Winchester. In Winchester is fine but once you head west you are done. You may get a signal off and on, but barely. I know they added towers out my way and they are on, but Not sure where they are aimed!

I also have NEXTEL which works, along with all other carriers....
    Last edited by treogolfer; 06/26/2007 at 03:03 PM.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    I'd guess it will be a long time before anyone will put towers in that part of the state. You might want to find out if anyone at the Sugar Grove Naval Base has service with anyone and switch to them. I've never had service in that part of the state regardless of GSM or CDMA.