1.    #1  
    I'm used to Verizon call forwarding which I used everyday when I got home as it only used your plan minutes. Now I'm with Sprint and they get 15 each time the call is forwarded (actually, I don't know if that's a call or a minute). Anybody hear of the program linked below called Plug Forward at Palmgear? I see it uses minutes on the reviews of Cingular and Verizon but there are no reviews of Sprint. I don't care about minutes as I have plenty, but I don't want 15 a call. If this didn't save that I don't know why anyone would buy a program like this as all phones come with call forwarding. Thanks.

http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseac...rREF=&siteid=1
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    I don't think it works with Sprint. I tried to find something awhile back. The 15, or whatever the amount, is per minute. If it were per call, I could handle that. But, per minute is outragous.
    $.15? My bill shows $.20/minute on forwarded calls....

Quote Originally Posted by circpro View Post
    $.15? My bill shows $.20/minute on forwarded calls....
    that actually sounds more like it.
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    Wait a minute!

You have got to be kidding me. Is this for real?

There is a program called Plug Forward. It resides on the Treo and forwards your calls when you plug in (charging your Treo).

But, carriers also offer the ability to dial in and forward calls by setting up the feature (simillar to setting up your voicemail welcome). In this scenario - you are engaging the carrier to forward.

So, there are two separate ways of doing it. Are you suggesting that anytime you forward a call, in either scenario, you get billed those outrageous charges?

I just switched to Sprint. My 755 should be here tomorrow. If this is the case, I screwed myself big time as I had planned on using this to minimize some of my minutes while working at my home office.
    I only use the forward feature in the Treo phone application and that charges $.20/minute.

I have not tried Plug Forward yet to see if this generates the same charge so I am not going to make any assumptions.
    Last edited by circpro; 06/11/2007 at 11:41 PM.

7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dim-Ize View Post
    I just switched to Sprint. My 755 should be here tomorrow. If this is the case, I screwed myself big time as I had planned on using this to minimize some of my minutes while working at my home office.
    If you just switched to Sprint, you, like me are saving BIG time over the internet charges with the other carriers. That should give us both a lot of minutes at 15 or 20 a minute but I have so many minutes on the plan I hate to pay it if there was another way. I guess this program isn't that other way. I know a friend who had a charger/forward cradle they bought for their Cingular phone that forwarded it to their home phone for nothing, but that was only for Cingular and haven't seen one for a Treo.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    I believe Plug forward only works while the phone is plugged in to a wall charger or cradle.

Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    I used this program with my 650 on TMO all the time.

In fact, when I called to setup the SERO plan this Saturday, I specifially asked the man who took my order about call forwarding.

He said that it was included.

I happen to think that the users on this forum are more in the know than customer service based upon the many negative threads I have read.

I got the 2500 minute plan, but I left one with 3000.
    Wow, I've never heard of Plug Forward before but I'll have to try it. I currently have two lines (Treo 650 and 755p) and it's such a pain to carry both Treos around with me. This is a life saver because I really don't want to be spending $.20 a minute for call forwarding.

I just installed it on my 650 and it's not forwarding anything. It appears to be configured properly, but my 650 rings normally, then goes to voicemail after the normal amount of time.
    Last edited by letsgoflyers81; 06/12/2007 at 07:22 AM.
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    You have to have it checked as "Plug Forward Active".

Then, hit the edit button and enter your number (with area code). xxx-xxx-xxxx.

Then, either plug in the device to a wall charger, or hit the screen button that reads, "Forward Now".

You will see a display across your screen instructing you that it is occuring.

Just a point to make, however - I don't know if this avoids the .20 / minute charge. I have not been with Sprint until today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dim-Ize View Post
    You have to have it checked as "Plug Forward Active".

Then, hit the edit button and enter your number (with area code). xxx-xxx-xxxx.

Then, either plug in the device to a wall charger, or hit the screen button that reads, "Forward Now".

You will see a display across your screen instructing you that it is occuring.

Just a point to make, however - I don't know if this avoids the .20 / minute charge. I have not been with Sprint until today.
    That's how I have it set. It tells me it's set to forward calls, but it doesn't happen. I tried Plug Forward and Plug Forward Express, same deal.
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    Leave it active (running).

Select the option to turn on phone when phone is reset (under Advanced).

Restart your phone and see if it works.
    I have the SERO plan with Sprint and I have not been charged extra for call forwarding, whether I activate it manually or through using Plug Forward.