Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Hello everyone, I don't post much but I thought this would be the best place to hopefully get some ideas about how to resolve my problem with Sprint. I apologize in advance for this very long post but I think getting all the facts out may help me get to a solution.

I subscribed to the SERO plan using a Treo 650 w/ camera.

In April of this year I was instructed by technical support to take the phone to a local store for repair/advance exchange.
    I was told by the store that they could not repair the phone so they would do an advance exchange to get me another Treo 650 w/ camera & that it would take 3-5 Business days.
    One week later I received the call to come get my phone. When I arrived to pick up the new phone I was given a Treo 650 w/o camera. I instantly let them know that this was the incorrect phone. I was told that they ordered the wrong phone and to keep this Treo 650 w/o camera until the new phone with the camera comes in.
    I waited a week like the last time and called them back. The order was never put through and they did not know why but would put another oder through.
    Another week passed and I stopped by the store to see what was going on. I was told that the system was acting up and it wouldn't let them put the order. I was told that it would be my responsibility to call Sprint and see what was wrong with the system. I didn't feel that it was my responsibility but since I wanted the correct phone I called and found out tha NOTHING was wrong with the system.. so once again they failed to put an order through.
    I called before the week was up to make sure that the order was put through this time and once again.. NOTHING. I decided to goto the store and make sure that the guy was placing the order since at this point I was getting very annoyed with the constant issues. He wrote down the order and told me he would call it in since they have had system issues getting me the correct phone. This being one of the store managers I took his word for it.. BAD IDEA!
    I was really buy at work and also out of town so I wasn't able to follow up with the issue until recently and well I'm being told that I'm now SOL.
    I even visited another Sprint store and was told that they could not assist me as the other store had already started the process.

Fast Forward to about a week and a half ago when I started to call Sprint about this issue since I was no longer getting any response/resolution from the local office.
    My 1st contact with the CSR wasn't exactly pleasant. The Rep told me that it indeed was now my issue and to go back to the store that they had to fix it. I let the CSR know that the store was unwilling to do anything anymore and was then told too bad I'd have to go back. At this point I felt it would be a good idea to explain this to a suprvisor who might give me some other ideas on how to get me a T650 w/ camera as I was supposed to receive in April.
    I was told by the suervisor to also contact the storeand make them resolve it (lke the 1st few tries weren't good enough) or to contact insurance and pay the $50 deductible. I wasn't too happy about being told that I would have to pay out of pocket to get a phone that was supposed to be given back to me for free. I refused to go back to the store as they have not been able to resolve anything in over a month and speaking to them would most likely yield the same results. I was then cold transferred to the insurance company where a CSR told me in not such a nice way that this is not an insurance replacement issue as the current phone is not broken or lost and that Sprint Customer Serivce would have to resolve this. This was just the beginning of a VERY stressful series of interactions with Sprint CS, not just CSR's but also supervisors of both billing and retention.
    I've also spoken to a suprvisor who said she would place another advance exchange for me once she loked into the system and saw that all of the advance exchange requests from the local store did not request a T650 w/ camera. She even told me that one of them was specifically noted w/o camera. I later received a call from the supervisor at 1:20AM telling me that an advance exchange can no longer be processed because the T650 is no longer available. (it's now discontinued and cannot be procured through Sprint) I called back the nest morning (Saturday) to find out exactly what Sprint was going to do to get my the phone that I paid for and am supposed to have. The next supervisor I spoke with saw the account notes that the previous supervisor left but was still unwilling to help find a resolution even though it was now very apparent that Sprint really messed up and is not wanting to take responsibility. This supervisor transferred me to retention where I had to explain the entire situation all over again to the CSR. After explaining all of the problems and how Sprint had messed up the CSR told me that since Sprint messed up and I have been a good customer she would be sending out a T755 in blue and overnight it for me since I needed the phone for a business trip on the following Wednesday. At this point I was very happy that Sprint finally took responsibility for their many errors along the way and were trying to make it right. So much for thinking that Sprint was going t do the right thing...

I called back on Monday to see where my phone was being delivered as I recently had a house fire and was residing elsewhere until the home is repaired. Well the 1st CSR tells me he has no record of a tracking number but he would transfer me to the retention department that they could assist me... 42min later I finally reached another CSR who quite rudely told me that the order was cancelled and that Sprint made no error so no phone would be sent. At this point I became a little irate and demanded a supervisor since I had already been promised that the T755 would be sent to me free because they could not replace the phone as they should have originally. I spoke to the retention supervisor out of the Sacramento office and he advised me that the CSR could not send me a phone. I expressed my concern that Sprint was unwilling to make good on their promises the 1st being to get me the advance exchange correct and the 2nd being to get me a 755 since they could not fulfill the 1st promise.
    This supervisor said he would call me back in no more than an hour and about 5 hours later I finally received a call with Zero resolution and yet another promise for an AM call back after he spoke with the store that originally solved the problem. June 5th came and passed and I received no call from the retention supervisor. That night I decided to contact customer service again and see what resolution the retention supervisor had come to since he failed to call me. I was transferred to another retention supervisor who just as most of the other representatives I've dealt with, was to put it nicely not so pleasant. I was informed by this supervisor that Sprint had not made any mistakes throughout the entire situation and that I was stuck with the phone I had because I would not be given a comprable model. The supervisor then tried to hang up on me because I would not allow her to close out this problem as resolved.

Now for the final and most angering part (at least to me)
    I finally heard back from the original retention supervisor and was not at all pleased with the resolution he called to give me. I was told that I would not be given a replacement phon of any kind but he would be willing to (and here is the funny part) give me a $75 credit and a $100 Mail In Rebate. This means I would have to pay $404.99 for a phone that #1 was promised to me because of all of the issues I've gone through and #2 that I do not feel I need to pay for because Sprint could not provide me the phone I sent in for exchange. The supervisor then told me he would also be willing to put the $404.99 on my bill so I didn't have to pay it all at once. I was also promised a call back (from his best retention rep ) which I still have not received because I'm paying for unlimited text and the SERO page states it's included.

It may just be me but I feel that I've been done very wrong through all of these interactions with Sprint and their unwillingness to follow through with committments leaves me with a foul taste in my mouth. If anyone has any ideas as to what I can do to resolve this issue I'm having I'd love to hear it. I have asked Sprint for a corporate complaint number but they were very unwilling to give one out and said that I could only have an e-mail address (I've used it and never received a reply) or a mailing address.

Thanks,

Nelson
    without even reading such a long and (I guess) disasterous post, I feel sorry for sprint.

I feel sorry that sprint has to deal with people like you.

Move to verizon.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Not sure what the above poster is talking about. I took the time to read the post and I agree you should have been able to receive another 650 w/ camera or the closest comparable phone. The phone they gave you is not comparable to the one you had with out a camera. It's like saying we make a 650 without the messaging feature, here's your new phone!

I'm not sure why they just didn't give you a 700p. At any rate, I would continue calling and even write a letter. Just make sure that you express your frustration calmly. There should be notes in your account. Make sure the rep has reviewed the notes before advising you. Be patient even though you're frustrated. Good luck!
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Prince View Post
    Not sure what the above poster is talking about. I took the time to read the post and I agree you should have been able to receive another 650 w/ camera or the closest comparable phone. The phone they gave you is not comparable to the one you had with out a camera. It's like saying we make a 650 without the messaging feature, here's your new phone!

I'm not sure why they just didn't give you a 700p. At any rate, I would continue calling and even write a letter. Just make sure that you express your frustration calmly. There should be notes in your account. Make sure the rep has reviewed the notes before advising you. Be patient even though you're frustrated. Good luck!

I wasn't offered the 700p because I was told that just like the 650 it is also no longer available. The closest comprable phone running the PalmOS is the 755p. I was however offered a major downgrade to a standard phone with only a camera on it..
    I've been very calm and polite but none of thier supervisors are willing to help. I've asked for a manager and I'm always told they don't take calls but that one could call me back in 48-72hrs. If the supervisors themselves never call back I can't imagine that the managers would.
    First of all...I suggest posting this on www.sprintusers.com as well. You may get some great Sprint-specific advice over there.

I am not sure what theog has going on...but I had a similar situation with Sprint in April and I totally believe you and you have my complete sympathy. I'll give you the short version. I bought a phone for my kid. I ported the number from Nextel to Sprint. My daughters phone went dead one day. It was a brand new pink Sanyo 3100. She borrowed an OLD OLD phone from one of her friends and did an ESN switch so she would have a phone while we waited for the repair. I took it in. He took it apart, said it could not be repaired and he would order a new one. He kept the broken one. I'll skip all the minute details but in the end, they FIRST tried to tell me that I never brought them a phone at all and after that didn't work, they tried to replace the old CRAP phone with a refurbished old crap phone, told me I never had a Sanyo 3100 and I was left to prove it. So it took several weeks but in the end I prevailed :-)

The key to working withthem is to stay calm and have all your ducks and documentation in a row. If you blow your cool, they type nasties in the system about you, no one will be willing to assist you, and you will get "disconnected" quite a bit.

You paid a handsome price for that phone. Stick with it.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleLee View Post
    First of all...I suggest posting this on www.sprintusers.com as well. You may get some great Sprint-specific advice over there.

I am not sure what theog has going on...but I had a similar situation with Sprint in April and I totally believe you and you have my complete sympathy. I'll give you the short version. I bought a phone for my kid. I ported the number from Nextel to Sprint. My daughters phone went dead one day. It was a brand new pink Sanyo 3100. She borrowed an OLD OLD phone from one of her friends and did an ESN switch so she would have a phone while we waited for the repair. I took it in. He took it apart, said it could not be repaired and he would order a new one. He kept the broken one. I'll skip all the minute details but in the end, they FIRST tried to tell me that I never brought them a phone at all and after that didn't work, they tried to replace the old CRAP phone with a refurbished old crap phone, told me I never had a Sanyo 3100 and I was left to prove it. So it took several weeks but in the end I prevailed :-)

The key to working withthem is to stay calm and have all your ducks and documentation in a row. If you blow your cool, they type nasties in the system about you, no one will be willing to assist you, and you will get "disconnected" quite a bit.

You paid a handsome price for that phone. Stick with it.

Thank you for the advice. I'll join there and post this to see if I get any further assistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by RicanS4 View Post
    I wasn't offered the 700p because I was told that just like the 650 it is also no longer available. The closest comprable phone running the PalmOS is the 755p.
    Well I am awaiting a replacement for my 700p. This is good news. I'm hoping they give me a 755p.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Well I am awaiting a replacement for my 700p. This is good news. I'm hoping they give me a 755p.
    You'll probably get a 700p or else you'd get stuck in the same situation I'm currently in
    You could also try the BBB. Sprint has bended over backwards to resolve BBB complaints in the past.
    Thomas

Palm III>Clie665C>Treo755p
    My brother bought a 700p on ebay about three weeks ago and did the upgrade. Problem is it hasn't helped much on his bluetooth problems (in his car) so he called Sprint and they said to him that they agreed that the upgrade didn't help much so they are replacing it with a 755p.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    I am sorry to hear about your issue with Sprint RicanS4. The only conclusion I can come up with is if you look at all the people on this forum that have fandangled free 700's, free 755p's, free or $10.00 full Vision packages, free text messaging, extra % off bill, complete discounts on devices...someone else has to take it where the sun doesn't shine for balance from time to time. IMO, I don't see how Sprint can stay in business or be even profitable with Retentions, and all the above I stated along with having the cheapest data plans of the carieres in the first place when you compare to Verizon's expensive data pricing and Verizons unwillingness to give away free phones, discounts, and other discount or free services to their customers as Sprint. Does Verizon get away with all this just because of a great network while Sprint is so willing because of the lack of a network? All this Sero, freebee discount stuff with Sprint is too good to be true for long IMO. I have been getting to good to be true savings from Sprint as others which keeps me loyal but when will Sprint drop the hammer like the rest of the cariers?
    at&t iPhone3G
    This kinda thing makes me want to buy a sheet of 1/4" plywood, spelling out the customer service probs in bright red colors, mounting it to the top of my truck, and parking it at their front door, all day, everyday.

It'll get fixed then. I'd leave it there for another week after it's fixed, just for spite.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.Ē
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

I'm not so sure about what an ďadvanced exchangeĒ is. What I do know is that a technician just cant tell you that your phone will be exchanged in a store with certainty; they donít know that because in-store technicians & telephone techs, IMO, donít operate the same way.

I get the part about the wrong phone coming in; but I donít understand why such a break down occurred and why it couldnít be corrected at the store level.

Based on your post, your account was noted for replacements
    She even told me that one of them was specifically noted w/o camera.
    My most recent experience with Sprint came with me purchasing a PPC-6700. Just at day 32 of using it, it broke; I could only use it on speakerphone. Sprint had the nerve to tell me that since I have insurance, I could just pay the $50 and get it replaced. That would have been fine if I had it for, lets say 8-9 months, but 32 days, hell naw!

Iím sorry your issue is taking so long to get resolved. Mine took over 12 phone calls, some of them disconnected on Sprintís end, but within 1 day my issue was resolved. The CSR who told me that they would be sending me another phone did not do an additional step that would allow the warehouse to send me my replacement.

Apparently, before the warehouse can send out a phone, there has to be enough money on your account to cover the cost (full price) of the replacement. If the broken phone is not recíd back to Sprint (30 days) the cost of it is added to your account. I know, they did it to me.

Sad, but I had to let them know (prove) that my broke phone is on Sprints property; whose hands it was in, I donít know. UPS tracking can be your best friend.

Anyway, sorry for the long post; just thought what I went through may provide a little insight as to why it was never shipped to you in the first place.

Wishing you the best...
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    I feel for you. sprint customer service has deteriorated immensely in the last 5 years. every one I speak to now is rude & unsympathetic & unhelpful. they are telling me I need to go through insurance to have my treo 700p replaced but I kept telling them I have a warranty & then she says your warranty expires after 30 days. they tell me to contact palm. palm's website clearly states to contact sprint regarding warranty issues. I am not sure how these people are upgrading to 755 or ppc6800 for free or a few hundred bucks. maybe certain customers pay spend more & they are given special treatment. 3 retentions reps said it was impossible for me to swap my 700 for 755 or ppc6800 for free or any price for that matter. none of them would budge. these people are rude & careless!