1.    #1  
    Hello,

I currently have a Treo 650 and am out of contract. What is the best method to get a new Treo 755p with a SERO plan AND keep my existing number? Thanks for the help!

ltbong
    Probably retentions. They could switch your plan over to SERO, get you a 755p for whatever price SERO customers get it for, and renew your contract of course. You should try going through a regular rep first, but retentions is probably where you're going to end up.
    If I recall correctly, when you sign up for new service online through SERO there is a place to enter you want to bring an existing number across.
    Quote Originally Posted by slorandy View Post
    If I recall correctly, when you sign up for new service online through SERO there is a place to enter you want to bring an existing number across.
    This only works for non-Sprint accounts. According to the official policy, it's only for new accounts and you can only port a number from another carrier. Some people have been able to get their Sprint account moved to SERO, but I don't know how. What most people have done is just get a new phone number, port the old Sprint number to a prepaid carrier like Virgin, then port it back into the SERO account and you're all set.
    Call and explain your situation to the representative and just see what they say. If you explain that you would transfer your current sprint number to a virgin mobile and then back to sprint they may work with you and find a way to port the existing number to your new Sero plan. Call the Sero line and see what they can do. I called and set up two lines this morning, customer service was fantastic and really knowledgeable about Sero.
    JJ