Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just wanted to let everyone know that you /can/ get SERO as an existing customer without having to go through a number change and ETF.

All I had to do was email E Care a few times to get the job done. Here's the email chain:

Quote Originally Posted by Email
    Question: Why am I not getting SERO and unlimited text?

I'm talking to a friend today and he tells me about his SERO plan with unlimited texting, unlimited data, no roaming, unlimited mobile to mobile, nights and weekends at 7:00p and 500 anytime minutes for 30 bucks per line and I'm wondering why I don't have this plan as an option after being a loyal Sprint customer for so long.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Grant Smith

Dear Grant,

Thank you for contacting Sprint. I understand that you wish to switch to SERO Plan.

I really appreciate that you are a very loyal and valuable customer of Sprint. Please allow me to explain about the SERO plan.

The SERO plan is limited to:

- Sprint Employees (including Legacy Sprint and Legacy Nextel employees)
    - Friends and Family of Sprint Employees (limited to a total of FIVE referral activations)

All orders must be activated through the InPhonic web site which is located at the following URL:

<http://www.sprint.com/SERO>

Select handsets will be offered through the web site.

- Inphonic will validate if the order meets the program requirements and credit guidelines.

- Existing customers that want to switch to this plan are required to receive a new phone number. Early Termination Fees apply if they are within the contract period.

I am sure this resolves your concern.

Thank you for contacting us. Have a great day.

Keith K.
    E-Care
    Sprint
    "Where our customers come first!"

Refer someone to Sprint and get $25.
    Visit www.sprint.com/referralprogram for details.

Yes... I understand all of that... What I don't understand is why I've not been offered this plan or something comparable. Honestly, it makes me want to leave Sprint altogether.

Grant Smith
    A+, Network+, MCPx2
    Moble: *************

Sent from my Treo 700wx

Dear Grant,

Thank you for your reply.

As already discussed in the last mail, I have mentioned that the plan is available only to the Sprint employees friends and relatives. They are the best person to refer you to this plan. We do not send any notifications for this plan as this is more like a referral plan.

I would request you to please do not get disheartened that we did not offer you this plan although being such a valuable and loyal customer to us.

Considering your long-term association with us, I have forwarded your feedback to the appropriate department and I am sure that necessary actions will be taken.

Please be assured that once you try the procedure I have mentioned in the previous mail, you can switch to SERO plan without any hassles.

Thank you for contacting Sprint, we were happy to assist you. Please feel free to write back if you have any other questions. Have a great day!

Keith K.
    E-Care
    Sprint

Refer someone to Sprint and get $25.
    Visit www.sprint.com/referralprogram for details.

First off, thank you for you help thus far.

However, the problem with switching to SERO, according to the info provided, is that I will lose my well established numbers AND be charged an ETF:

"- Existing customers that want to switch to this plan are required to receive a new phone number. Early Termination Fees apply if they are within the contract period."

It seems to me that, once again, I'm being punished for being a good customer?

I need to keep both of my numbers and I surely shouldn't have to pay an ETF for staying a loyal customer should I?

Thanks,

Grant Smith
    A+, Network+, MCPx2
    Moble: **************

Sent from my Treo 700wx

Dear Grant,

Thank you for your reply.

I have changed the plan on both the lines to SERO plan for $30.00 with unlimited texting, unlimited data, no roaming, unlimited mobile to mobile, nights and weekends at 7:00p and 500 anytime minutes for 30 bucks.

The plan change is effective June 23, 2007 that is start of the next bill cycle.

Thank you for contacting us. Have a great day.

Antonia C.

Business E-Care
    Sprint
    So... Three emails and I now have SERO!!!
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    wow...great going man!!! I am going to give it a try as soon as I can weasle a 755 from them. :-)

Thanks for the info.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Hi...this is going to sound stupid, but I am just wondering how did you reply to the emails sent by the Sprint CC. The reply I got was from "ecare1@cc.sprint.com" which doesn't accept messages.

Also, just wondering how much were you paying before and how long has you been with sprint?

Thanks
    Charles
    Last edited by cl191; 05/31/2007 at 01:47 AM.
    HI,

I just switched from Verizon to Sprint yesterday and picked up a new 755p - after my verizon 650 died from being accidentally dropped into a local lake. I picked up the phone from a sprint store for $279 and got a 450 minute plan for $40 and the sprint vision plan for an additional $20. They wouldn't upgrade me to a SERO plan at the sprint store, but I called customer service - and they changed my plan to the $30 Sero plan without questions.
    Last edited by riznet; 05/31/2007 at 09:32 AM.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Hmmm - I may have to try this. Was just thinking an upward move from my 650 is in order...
    1st SFG (A)

if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by cl191 View Post
    Hi...this is going to sound stupid, but I am just wondering how did you reply to the emails sent by the Sprint CC. The reply I got was from "ecare1@cc.sprint.com" which doesn't accept messages.

Also, just wondering how much were you paying before and how long has you been with sprint?

Thanks
    Charles
    I just hit 'Reply' and had no problems doing so. As far as how long I've been with Sprint, it's been about 6 years. I've been paying around $105.00 a month (less my corporate discount) for my service up to this point.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by riznet View Post
    HI,

I just switched from Verizon to Sprint yesterday and picked up a new 755p - after my verizon 650 died from being accidentally dropped into a local lake. I picked up the phone from a sprint store for $279 and got a 450 minute plan for $40 and the sprint vision plan for an additional $20. They wouldn't upgrade me to a SERO plan at the sprint store, but I called customer service - and they changed my plan to the $30 Sero plan without questions.
    Congratulations!
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SFG View Post
    Hmmm - I may have to try this. Was just thinking an upward move from my 650 is in order...
    Good luck. If you're out of contract you should have no problem using the Web site with an appropriate email address.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Does switching to SERO extend your current contract?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJaguar View Post
    Does switching to SERO extend your current contract?
    From what I was told, switching to SERO as a current customer will trigger an ETF on your current contract and start a new 2 year agreement.

I managed to get around the ETF but I would have to assume that I'm under a new agreement, yes.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    From what I was told, switching to SERO as a current customer will trigger an ETF on your current contract and start a new 2 year agreement.

I managed to get around the ETF but I would have to assume that I'm under a new agreement, yes.
    Thanks for the clarification. I will be one year into my contract by the time the HTC 6800 gets released. I have been thinking of switching over to SERO and get the 6800...
    I tried to get a sero plan and ended up getting free power vision free text messaging and free 6pm off peak and 15% customer loyalty discount to go with my 25% I get for when I used to work at home depot. I pay 47.00 a month for 1000 minutes fair and flexible with all the extras free.
    I just hit 'Reply' and had no problems doing so. As far as how long I've been with Sprint, it's been about 6 years. I've been paying around $105.00 a month (less my corporate discount) for my service up to this point.
    Did your prior $105.00 service include two lines?
    at&t iPhone3G
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    Did your prior $105.00 service include two lines?
    Yes it did.

And now for my first bill on SERO: $62.00

That's for two lines @ $30.00 each and 7.00 insurance on both with a 25% discount through my employer.

Not a bad deal...
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

I got my sero plan using e-care as we'll and it went smoothly But I did it in two e-mail's not to brag or anything
    Yes it did.

And now for my first bill on SERO: $62.00

That's for two lines @ $30.00 each and 7.00 insurance on both with a 25% discount through my employer.

Not a bad deal...
    I'm at $29.62 because I have one line and a 26% company discount. Lets see iphone beat that.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by master1m View Post
    I got my sero plan using e-care as we'll and it went smoothly But I did it in two e-mail's not to brag or anything
    Nice work... I probably could have as well but I was enjoying the banter... ;-)
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I just got mine yesterday. I did it through the email as well. But I didn't have to say that I would leave sprint. Just said the number is programmed on my blind mother's phones and her finances as well as my own.

If ur going to get this, make sure you do before 6/30/07 to get the promotional unlimited text msgs
    My friend just got the plan at $45 with 1500 min. + unlimited above.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Well I sent eCare almost the same message you have posted above. I got the same 1st response from Sprint that you got. I sent them a reply again similar to yours and got shot down the rest of the replies I got. I got everything from "Its only for Referred customers, Only new accounts or adding to your account to its out of my control as our systems do not allow use to do this.

I have sent an email almost everyother day and have been shot down 5 times already. I would truely love to be on the SERO plan. Any more suggestions?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast