Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    With the Iphone coming out soon, and the 750 with WM6 upgrade on Sprint, why won't Verizon announce their new smartphones? I have a new every 2 plan that turned over in April, but I don't want to get something that will be replaced this summer or fall.

Why won't Verizon say what is planned?? Verizon has answered me because they don't want to make a promise on a time table they don't keep. But right now, I'm just as likely to switch to another carrier with a planned new phone as I am to wait for Verizon. They could "lock me in" just by giving some projected models and projected dates. Other companies do it.

Any rumors out there on what is coming? Any advice?
    Do what I did, leave VZW for a Sprint SERO plan. I got the 700p, you can get the 755p.
    Better plan than VZW. EVDO (free!) rocks.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I did just find this. The LG Prada. Anyone heard of it?

http://www.pdastreet.com/articles/20...-Supposed.html
    Quote Originally Posted by sailsguy View Post
    I did just find this. The LG Prada. Anyone heard of it?

http://www.pdastreet.com/articles/20...-Supposed.html
    It won't compete with Jobs marketing culteral evolution...its the iphone or nothing when its released(i.e. mark my words).
    at&t iPhone3G
    I left VZW also, after 10 years, for the SERO plan. VZW said it would be another year or more before EVDO would be in my area. I signed up for SERO a few weeks ago. They sent the 700wx which I couldn't handle. They switched the phone to the 755 and it is great! awesome phone!
  6. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I'm having a bit of a crisis right now because I'm living for the summer in an apartment with terrible coverage -- I was here two years ago and it hasn't gotten any better. It's not VZW, it's just geography and/or lack of towers among all carriers, but it sucks.

What I am fuming at VZW about is that they won't announce if/when the 755p will be available. My only hope right now is to get a phone with better RF than my 650, and I don't really want a 700p knowing it's at the end of its life, unless I can be sure the 755 will be out within 30 days and I could exchange. I'm also up for NE2, and my contract expires in a couple weeks, so I have nothing keeping me with Verizon except their superior coverage in NYC, which is where I live, but at this time I won't be home for three months, and I'm pissed, so the pull of switching to cheaper, less evil, more forthcoming carriers is a little more tempting.

There's also the iPhone coming out probably the very same week my contract expires. I wasn't planning to go that route yet, in fact if Verizon had the 755p, I'd sign a 3-year contract right now, but they're at much greater risk of losing me if they can't tell me they're going to have a phone I want.
    I'm sure verizon will be getting the 755p. As posted elsewhere both here and at wirelessadvisor.com, if a carrier gets a phone, they usually get exclusive rights to it for at least three months. I can upgrade one line now on verizon, and the other in November with new every two, but I am holding out. I figure by October Verizon will launch a new lineup for the holidays.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Do what I did, leave VZW for a Sprint SERO plan. I got the 700p, you can get the 755p.
    Better plan than VZW. EVDO (free!) rocks.
    I did the same thing...was with Verizon for 11 years and switched to the Sprint SERO plan. I was paying 44.95 just for data...now I am paying $50 for data, unlimited texts and 1250 minutes. It's just too good of a deal...so far my coverage is the same and I'm happy with my new 755p!
    Look what happened to them. I am not sure why they think they can keep hanging people in limbo. Why not say "in the 3rd qtr" or "toward the end of the year".. I am the same way, I just want an answer to keep me from switching. I do not want to go to SPRINT because I will lose alot in coverage, but they are alot more accomidating when it comes to Customer Service.