1.    #1  
    I just ordered one blackberry and pcc6700 from ebay, both were free with activation. Now my question is, how do I set up SERO? What number do I call? Should I try ecare first or try some phone numbers? Should I wait for a month and than switch to SERO? I ask that because I am not sure what terms I have with the ebay guy, he gave me instant discount on both phones. Thanks.
    from what I have read people have had a really hard time getting SERO on phones not purchased thru the SERO site, Im not saying its impossible, just a bit tricky.

I would contact CS via the phone primarily, if they cant help you go straight to the retentions department, politely and calmly drop the "cancel" bomb and see what they will do for you....

Last ditch effort I would contact Sprint via Ecare and explain you would like SERO activated on your phones....

I have heard from other forums that it is very possible to convert plans to SERO, you just have to be patient and persistant.

And I wouldnt wait 30 days, I would begin attempting the conversion ASAP.

Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by dezithug View Post
    I just ordered one blackberry and pcc6700 from ebay, both were free with activation. Now my question is, how do I set up SERO? What number do I call? Should I try ecare first or try some phone numbers? Should I wait for a month and than switch to SERO? I ask that because I am not sure what terms I have with the ebay guy, he gave me instant discount on both phones. Thanks.
    A lot of the Ebay vendors prohibit you switching to a SERO plan within 6 months as they'll lose their commission and thus you will be charged back the instant discounts they gave you.
    yea it can b done but its alot of work callin, i had to do it for my friend last wk he went to the store and got Moto Q. I called 4 him 2 get on sero & get his business discount attatched. took about 3 hrs and about 15 different reps. before everything was put on.
    I need to bail out on a SERO plan--the 2,500 minute plan. You can take it over but I don't know what that does to your eBay deal. PM me.

I have to go back to T-mo because of sms issues.
  6.    #6  
    I'll check with the ebay dealer and see what he says about changing plan. Than I will let you know tastypeppers. Thanks all for reply.
  7.    #7  
    Hey guys, I called the ebay dealer and guess what? They require only 30 days that you stay with the plan you choose from them. I will take my chances and go ahead and get the phones. My friend did the same thing and he got sero in first attempt. So I will try this. Thanks.
  8.    #8  
    WoW! You are right, you can only switch to sero after 6 months or they would charge you the whole price for the phone. Are there any other dealers that offer discount on pdas, that don't require you to wait 6 months? Thanks.

Here are the terms and agreement I got from the dealer. Anyway you see around it? What is this rush porting?

5) SPRINT EMPLOYEE REFERRAL PLANS (SERO) OR OTHER PROMOTIONAL PLANS CANNOT BE APPLIED WITHIN FIRST 181 DAYS UPON ACTIVATION *(Only National Plans on www.sprint.com applicable)

* Do not attempt to rush porting process

Note: If these conditions are not met, your action(s) will result in a loss of all promotional discounts towards your new phone purchase and the difference will be billed to your Sprint account. This is effective only if the above conditions are not met.
    Last edited by dezithug; 05/21/2007 at 07:11 PM.