Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    okay, i know many users in this thread are SERO users so I thought I'd share.

SERO plans now have unlimited free texting (offer ends 6/30/07)

More info can be found here.

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...&page=10&pp=15

http://www.the-nags.com/text.jpg
    Trim81, thanks so much for the heads up!!!
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Thanks. But when I checked it tonight (i.e. 5/19 Sat 1:15AM), no Treo's are listed (i.e. not even 700wx). I saw a Motorola Q there with a fairly great price ($79) and that's the line-up for the 'smart' phones.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Interestingly, the above referenced thread now mentions that existing SERO users can have unlimited text added to thier account with a special code. So far it seems only one person's gotten the code to work.
    Ok. I've had a SERO plan for over a year with my 700p and last month i added another phone (moto Q) and got another SERO plan. I saw this post and realized I'm still within my 30 days for my Q so I'll call to see if I can get unlimited text added to the Q SERO plan. I have unlimited text with my 700p but I pay for that. Sometimes when I call Sprint I fear I'm being too greedy and the plans will both be deleted if I ask for too much, so my focus was only on adding the free unlimited text to my Q.

Ok, I call the first rep and she refuses to even acknowledge such a promotion exists. I ask her to view the SERO website and she says she doesn't need to because the plans since birth have never included free text.

I ask to speak with someone else and they put me on the line with a guy who says I'm pronouncing the plan wrong it's a ZERO plan not a SERO plan. I ask him what ZERO stands for and he quickly says he has to transfer me to employee services where I am disconnected.

I call back because I just have to know if they'll let me do this or not with my Q. All I need is a rep to acknowledge the promo exists but say "ma'am, we're sorry you don't qualify, you missed the opportunity, etc. blah blah blah" and I'll give up at that point.

So my final rep experience: She says her computer doesn't recognize this promo, she's never heard of it. I ask her to view the website. She's behind a firewall but makes several attempts to view the site. She is finally able to view the site, acknowledges that the promo exists and wonders why when she attempts to apply the promo she can't find it. She wants to give up (I can hear it in her voice) but she has family members who have SERO plans and thinks this would be awesome for them, so like me she MUST know if it can be done to an existing SERO plan. Minutes and minutes of silence while i hear keyboard tapping and sigh's of frustration from her; broken sentences "i can't...." "it won't let me...." "stupid computer...." AND THEN...BOOM! She in! Unlimited text on both phones. She thanks me because she didn't know about the promo and she loves to text her family.

Good luck to all who try...don't give up.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Not sure what number you called, but I called 866-881-9571 (saw this on the Slickdeals website), had no wait and the CR said that unlimited texts was just recently added to SERO and she would add it to both of my lines right away. Awesome. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    Not sure what number you called, but I called 866-881-9571 (saw this on the Slickdeals website), had no wait and the CR said that unlimited texts was just recently added to SERO and she would add it to both of my lines right away. Awesome. Thanks.
    I saw the thread on SD as well.

bah! I dont know if I should call and have the text added to my SERO or not..as I already have free unlimited text as a perk from Sprint...

I dont know if there is any benefit of having the text as a standard part of my plan versus a perk I was given.
    wow this is awesome! Thanks for the heads up. I called the employee number and added free unlimited txts to two plans. took maybe 5 minutes total!

fyi ive been on sero for 8 months and was able to add without a contract extension too
    I've been on SERO for about a year and just got the unlimited text added to my existing SERO account without any other changes being made. I called retentions at 866-881-9571 and the rep was very polite and found the code after about 5 minutes to get it added effective today. I read another number others have successfully added this is employee accounts at 866-250-2221.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by cathartic8881 View Post
    I saw the thread on SD as well.

bah! I dont know if I should call and have the text added to my SERO or not..as I already have free unlimited text as a perk from Sprint...

I dont know if there is any benefit of having the text as a standard part of my plan versus a perk I was given.
    Im in the same boat and at first I thought that Sprint would eff up the "perk" they said they gave me cause supposedly I pay for it then they credit it so I really dont ever see it.

Ive had it since the 700P came out and theyve goten it right every month so Im not worried about it.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    This number worked great for me! I got it for me and my wife. Thanks a lot!
  12.    #12  
    funny, called twice.. they said i have to do it online?!
    This is what I said exactly:

"Hello. I understand that there is a promotion for unlimited text messages for people with a SERO plan. I would like to take advantage of that promotion."

Besides my phone number, name and password (as well as my wife's) that's all that I said.
    I emailed ecare last night to request the feature be added to my account per the website, and this morning I got an email confirming it has been done. Very simple. Thanks again trim81.
    Quote Originally Posted by SE5907 View Post
    I emailed ecare last night to request the feature be added to my account per the website, and this morning I got an email confirming it has been done. Very simple. Thanks again trim81.
    what email address did you use? please and thank you!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    thanks for the info.
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

I started the 900-post SERO thread and just added this thanks to both of my accounts (effective next billing cycle though) to the info in this post. Thanks guys. This has been the most useful thread on TC in months.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    lol...awesome. i just called this number and got it done within 5 minutes. They removed my $5/month promo 500 text messages and added in unlimited. thanks!

when i called, she asked if i was transferred from another rep to this #...which I said yes, and also if this was having me think of canceling, which i said yes to as well.
    Hi everyone. I called that number and talked to a Sprint/Nextel rep.

In about 5 minutes, she has unlimited texting turned on for both of my SERO accounts. She told me it would be effective that same day.

I'm hoping that it is working now because when I log into Sprint's website and click on my plan details, it looks the same. Nothing was added to the details regarding the unlimited texting. Did anyone else's details change to mention it?
    I updated my SERO account with unlimited texting, it shows up in the usage area.

My question is what is the difference between casual SMS texting and texting?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast