Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I was not told that I would have to start a new contract but I did not ask the question. My assumption is that they would not extend the contract without telling me first.

Regarding the free text, I asked if I would have the free unlimited text for life and was told yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by theswami View Post

Regarding the free text, I asked if I would have the free unlimited text for life and was told yes.
    I would think this is true (this may just be me not willing to accept the idea of limited unlimited text messaging).

If it were just until the end of June, they would have just not charged folks for the duration until that date, instead of advertising it as a selling point for a plan that basically sells itself.

I hope it's for life. My mobile heart can't take any more disappointments.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Ecare SPECIFICALLY said "from now on" i will have free unlimited text messaging.
    Quote Originally Posted by theswami View Post
    I was not told that I would have to start a new contract but I did not ask the question. My assumption is that they would not extend the contract without telling me first.

Ouch... I'm guessing you're new to Sprint.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    Ouch... I'm guessing you're new to Sprint.
    yep. I was told the same thing about international sms. Free for life. But I did came out of contract when they refused to not charge me for international sms . You will learn. But enjoy till "for life" is defined by sprint's own definition in near future.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    I've been on SERO for about a year and just got the unlimited text added to my existing SERO account without any other changes being made. I called retentions at 866-881-9571 and the rep was very polite and found the code after about 5 minutes to get it added effective today. I read another number others have successfully added this is employee accounts at 866-250-2221.
    Thanks for that info... called they added and told me I needed an update... great info, thanks for sharing!
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    I was told I had to renew my Contract to get this Unlimited Text thing...well I'm 5 months into my contract so extending it 5months is not that bad...I finally got through to a rep and while they made this change they FINALLY added my Company Discount to my Account...Jesus...Every other rep told me that I can't add my discount to my plan because it's already discounted but finally I got the email that confirms it went though...

Brian
    When Inphonics was out of stock of the 700p, I called Sprint directly and got it with a SERO plan.
    Week later, Sprint wises up, dumps Inphonics and adds the unlimited text to SERO.
    So yesterday, I e-mailed customer care and asked for the text as well as unlimited picture mail.
    This morning I got an e-mail saying they added the text but can't do the picture mail.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    That was the easiest 5 bucks a month I have ever saved.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    When Inphonics was out of stock of the 700p, I called Sprint directly and got it with a SERO plan.
    Week later, Sprint wises up, dumps Inphonics and adds the unlimited text to SERO.
    So yesterday, I e-mailed customer care and asked for the text as well as unlimited picture mail.
    This morning I got an e-mail saying they added the text but can't do the picture mail.
    When I signed up, about a month ago, it stated specifically that my plan included unlimited picturemail and nights and weekends starting at 7. Neither were on my plan initially. You should check and see what your plan says. I would be surprised if it is different. I have had good experiences calling 866-881-9571, the reps know what they are talking about. Both of these issues were fixed for me as well as my unlimited texts.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Just added it to my existing SERO today. No problem calling 866-250-2221.
    I asked CS via eCare email about the cost of my casual text msg fees on my SERO plan and when my contract expires. This is what she responded with:

I noticed that the text messaging is not included in your plan. Each default text message sent or received on the phone is billed at $0.15 per message. Going forward, I have added the free unlimited text messaging to your plan.

Regarding the agreement, I noticed that the agreement on the account will satisfy on August 30, 2008. The satisfaction of the agreement does not change the service plan on the account or expire the service plan. You will continue to enjoy same services as currently even if you do not renew the agreement. Also, the agreement on the account will not be automatically renewed.

Thank you for emailing us. Have a great day!
    Bo Meyer
    Visor 90 --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 700p
    Mac OS X
  13. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    So, if you choose to renew the agreement, you'll lose the plan?
    FYI: Free Unlimited Texting on Sprint till 9/29

Just had it added to my plan.

Here is the code, JIK the CS agent doesn't know:

#C SERO SMS UNL $0

--mal

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I sent Sprint an e-mail requesting unlimited messaging, and -- poof! The next day I received a response that said it was done.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123