Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Does anyone know if it is possible to switch another plan to SERO? I've been out of contract for almost 2 years, been with Sprint for 4, and this SERO plan is half the cost of mine, double the minutes, and includes unlimited texting as opposed to my 500 texts.
    Oh thanks. I do see it in the usage section.

I think casual SMS is when you pay per message instead of having a SMS plan.
    jhoff, pm me. I have a 2,500 minute plan I have to get out of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    jhoff, pm me. I have a 2,500 minute plan I have to get out of.
    Sorry, not quite sure I need THAT many minutes
    Yes it is a lot!
    Doesn't this thread belong in the CDMA-North America forum?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    is this true for wx users as well? a while ago I was told that wx users 0ould not, but that was back in januray. if it is true... I wanna cancel my 300 for $5.
    Add one to the list...I got it added today.
    Weird. I called twice and they adamantly said that the promo doesn't begin until Monday (5/21).
  10. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    I have just checked the SERO website & it has 2 asterisks beside the offer. If you read further it states ( **Service Offers: Unlimited text messaging promotion expires 6/30/07. ) There are 2 ways to interpret that. 1.That the offer will be offered until that time & 2.The offer they provide us will expire on 6/30/07 & we will pay per txt. Has anyone received clarification on this as yet?
    Last edited by Ya Boi D; 05/21/2007 at 02:21 PM.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    I have just checked the SERO website & it as 2 asterisks beside the offer. If you read further it states ( **Service Offers: Unlimited text messaging promotion expires 6/30/07. ) There are 2 ways to interpret that. 1.That the offer will be offered until that time & 2.The offer the provide us will expire on 6/30/07 & we will pay per txt. Has anyone received clarification on this as yet?
    good question.
    I hope it's all you can eat.
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Camel View Post
    good question.
    I hope it's all you can eat.
    The rep I spoke to said there's no limitation so it looks like were all gonna be fat texting piggys, I know I will be
  13. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Well I just called the 866# & was able to change my txting plan from $3 unlimited sms - $0 unlimited sms. I'm very pleased. However, when I had asked if my corporate discount was in effect, the rep stated that there is NO additional discount that can be added to the SERO plan & if it has been, they have put in place a system recently that is sweeping through SERO accounts & will be automatically removing it. Still a VERY good deal though.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Fantastic! Called 866-881-9571. A super-nice CSR picked up immediately - I almost didn't know what to say when an actual human picked up the phone! She immediately knew what I was talking about. It's saving me $5 a month and no more worries about how many texts I send. This forum is the BEST! Thanks all.
    Handspring Visor w/ Visorphone --> Visor Prism w/ Visorphone --> Treo 180 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700wx
    same here...added to my 2 SERO lines and it took all of 5 minutes.
    I just did it, took about five minutes. She asked how I found out about the SERO plan, mentioned the internet to me and I just said that I found out from a friend.

I am a bit paranoid though that this is a way to "manually" filter people's accounts. The people that add it to their accounts are typically the people that try to get a good deal to begin with and if we have too many discounts on our account...they take some of them off...

I hope I'm wrong though.
    Quote Originally Posted by driedl View Post
    Fantastic! Called 866-881-9571. A super-nice CSR picked up immediately - I almost didn't know what to say when an actual human picked up the phone! She immediately knew what I was talking about. It's saving me $5 a month and no more worries about how many texts I send. This forum is the BEST! Thanks all.
    I did the same thanks!

I used to have my unlimited txts credited to me monthly so in essence they were free but, now, the charge/credit is gone and they are part of my plan.

Thanks again!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    I have just checked the SERO website & it has 2 asterisks beside the offer. If you read further it states ( **Service Offers: Unlimited text messaging promotion expires 6/30/07. ) There are 2 ways to interpret that. 1.That the offer will be offered until that time & 2.The offer they provide us will expire on 6/30/07 & we will pay per txt. Has anyone received clarification on this as yet?
    Actually, this is the reply I got from CS:

Quote Originally Posted by Sprint CS
    Unlimited text

I'm glad to hear you are interested in our text message promotion. I have added the Unlimited text message Sero promotion plan to your account. This will allow you unlimited text messages for free until June 30, 2007.

Details

Please remember that after the promotional period ends, you will be automatically switched to the $15.00 unlimited text message plan.

We also have two other great text message plans available, including 300 for $5.00, and 1000 for $10.00. At the end of the promotional period you can opt for either of these plans if you wish.
    Just FYI, YMMV, as it seems like there isn't much training on the SERO plan and what one rep says/does may not be the same for everyone...
    I called the retentions direct line, got transferred to someone else, who said that their systems were changing over. She didn't know much about the SERO plan and said the only way to sign up for it is to do it online which is clearly not the case anymore, since the site only gives a phone number to sign up using.

Anyway, what her information told her is that someone with a current Sprint plan can switch to a SERO plan, but if they do that cannot keep their current number. She gave me a 15% discount instead, which in addition to my company discount of 8% gives me a plan that costs about 34 a month, and has 500 texts, 200 anytime minutes with nights and weekends at 7 (when most of my calls take place anyway), unlimited roaming, unlimited data, unlimited PCS-PCS calls, and insurance, which I can't complain about too too much (although I'd rather have the SERO plan).
    For those of you that got this, did they start a new 2 year agreement?
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast