Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Now that the 755p is coming out, I wonder how this scenario will play out. If the 700p firmware upgrade comes in as expected later this month, I wonder how many people will be looking to "upgrade" their previous Treos this June...
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse View Post
    Wow, I thought if you went to the repair center they fixed it for free if you had insurance? Its weird they told you to make the insurance claim.

I just came from a Sprint authorized repair center and they told me that any replacement done through them is free and I wouldnt have to pay the $55 deductible if I let them order it for me. My charging jack is screwed up on my original 650 from Jan 2005. They ordered mmy replacement earlier for free and told me I would most likely be getting a 650 refurb.

I go back on Monday for the replacement. Not holding my breath for a 700p, but if I get one it would be nice. lol
    Techpricesse, is it a sprint authorized repair center or a Sprint corporately owned and run by sprint employees repair center?
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Now that the 755p is coming out, I wonder how this scenario will play out. If the 700p firmware upgrade comes in as expected later this month, I wonder how many people will be looking to "upgrade" their previous Treos this June...
    I feel like thier is no advantage to owning a 755p if you own a 700p except for form factor. I will just wait a year or two untill my 700p breaks and just get the upgrade to a 755p then.
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Not for me.
    Just had a 650 replaced with a 650 for a broken headset jack. That was on the phone. Then the replacement died within 24 hours. I went to a Sprint owned store and they handed me a 650 with out even looking at my phone. In and out in 6 minutes. He said they had about 80 650's in back. That would last them the whole summer. I guess I'll slip and fall on the ice in Dec to get a 700. They would have givin me a Q though.

Last week they gave my wife an Up Stage after she lost her phone. She didn't have insurance and had been using the same phone for 3 years. I checked the website and they didn't even use her upgrade money.

I can't complain to much. I paid $75 for a Treo 300 when the 600 came out and have "upgraded" thanks to insurance claims and broken phones to a 650 and it's never cost me another penny.
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
    It was a Sprint Authorized Repair Center called Let's Connect Cellular (they offer other phones besides Sprint/Nextel though). They called me yesterday and said my phone had come in, and it was a fresh 650, hardware revision B with the 1.13a firmware already loaded. Didnt have a battery or charger, they just swapped it out with my basic phone and I was out the door. Called *2 from the phone and after 2 CSRs who were gung ho on changing my SERO plan I finally got a lady that allowed me to activate it without choosing a new plan... I started making calls on it an hour later. Looks like brand new, sound is louder then my previous unit, so it works great but none of my 4 bluetooths want to synch with it!

Quote Originally Posted by LennyV View Post
    Techpricesse, is it a sprint authorized repair center or a Sprint corporately owned and run by sprint employees repair center?

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12