Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    just been pretty fed up with speed on the palm was thinking of moving over to the wm based radio....

thoughts?
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
    Its about the same.. Blazer is just as bad a IE.. This was my main concern before buying the treo I went to the store and had the 700wx and 700p side by side browsing the internet and I really coudlnt tell a difference.

Are you in an EVDO area?
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    no, i dont think so. San Francisco market. Sprint.

my palm o/s has seemed to has slowed down since i bought it, but it could be just me. ithought the windows version may be faster....
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
    Quote Originally Posted by ike301 View Post

my palm o/s has seemed to has slowed down since i bought it, but it could be just me. ithought the windows version may be faster....
    time for a hard reset I think - some spring cleaning if you will.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by ike301 View Post

You should be in an EVDO area I was just in SF a few months back and it had it.. Practically all the major citys in CA have EVDO. Check out the maps on sprint.
    I owned both the 700wx and the 700p, the 700wx is definitely faster than the 700p on the internet, at least when it comes to browsing, and even more so once you make a few registry changes (you'll find them in the 700wx forum)

This is most evident on larger pages where more rendering is involved, Blazer's comfort zone are wap & mobile formatted pages, and on those I'd say they're equal.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    This one's easy -- WinMo wins. Go into a Sprint store, and they should have a 700p next to a 700wx. Load http://text.dslreports.com/mspeed. Run a 600KB or 1MB speed test. The 700p should register ~200kbps. The 700wx will go about 400-500 kbps. I suspect this is a limitation of Blazer, since Blazer also seems sluggish on a Tungsten T|X over Wi-Fi.