1.    #1  
    i found a sprint treo 700wx i also happen to have sprint as a service provider i have a katana and wanted to switch to the treo but when i called sprint to do so they told me that the troe has a red flag on the ESN :-( is there anything i can do? some one told me sprint will take off the red flag off and let me switch it after 6 months is this true. please help i really like this phone. lol or can i switch the esn on the phone
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonstl07 View Post
    i found a sprint treo 700wx i also happen to have sprint as a service provider i have a katana and wanted to switch to the treo but when i called sprint to do so they told me that the troe has a red flag on the ESN :-( is there anything i can do? some one told me sprint will take off the red flag off and let me switch it after 6 months is this true. please help i really like this phone. lol or can i switch the esn on the phone
    Yes return the phone to sprint... You dont just find phones on the street. It is either lost or stolen.. Like I said before its a $650 phone and in my state that is a felony. They probably got your sprint number and have your billing address and will contact the local police and person who lost it or had it stolen from and you will be charged. By law if you find anything you must report it to the police, and after a period when no one claims it, the property may be turned over to you.. But what you are doing is illegal and wrong you need to turn the phone over the sprint or the authorities.
    Also this is the second post in the same day about a "found" treo and you just created a new account..

In short this phone is a brick and will never work.
    I smell a troll
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I'll bet your Mom is proud.

Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
    I'll bet your Mom is proud.

The post Dragonman was responding to was removed from the forum . . . . .
  7.    #7  
    this is like a drama forum. i come to ask about a phone i found that someone lost and i get ****ted on
    this is like a drama forum. i come to ask about a phone i found that someone lost and i get ****ted on
    Hi Jason!

I am not sure what you are angry about . . . . the now missing post was a fairly in your face commentary from you to the forum membership.

And I still find it incredible that a Sprint store would either buy back a lost Treo from you or assign it over to you, as you stated in the now missing post.

If I lost my Treo, I would appreciate someone making efforts to return it to me rather than convert it to their own use -- I am not sure why you find that line of thinking offensive. . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Lets just put it this way... If you lost your computer or car and I found it does it make it mine?? No.. I have 2 choices, 1. leave it and keep walking or 2. report it to the proper authorities. The option you have picked is illegal and if caught you can face felony charges because of the value of the phone.
  10.    #10  
    ok so if you seen one on the side walk you woulnt pick it up?
    No, I did pick them up . . . . . . .

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...8&postcount=12

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ht=found+power

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...4&postcount=53
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/22/2007 at 09:57 PM.
    I would pick it up and return it not try and activate it like you are doing... Do you not understand the concept of what is wrong and right? What you want to do is plain and simple stealing.

I have found several cell phones left by people over the years.. The first thing I do is open the phone up and see who the phone is registered to and if they are smart they have their name as a contact and I call them. If not I find the last name of the person registered and look up someone with the same last name and call them (usually a family member). Did this once and the guy gave me $20 for returning his phone.

I also found an ipod once and turned it in to the business lost and found. I could of easily pocketed the ipod and used it for myself but again thats stealing and wrong. People have to work hard for their money it doesnt grown on trees..

I am guessing you are between 10-16 years old since you have no sense of what authority can do. Again its a $650 phone stealing that much is a felony and will go on your record. But again I am sure the person reported it loss or stolen and if he has insurance the insurance company will track you down since they are out of pocket $650 to buy him a new phone.
  13.    #13  
    well im 31 and like i said before when i did take it to the store the switched it over for me so thats therre loss not mine i did the right thing by taking it up there to them lol they didnt want it lmao so now i have a free 700xw and the guy that sold it for some crack is in jail now so once again thanks for the advise now i love my phone. oh and were the hell do u guys live at to "find" so many phones? Or do you guys just walk with your heads down and bump into them.
    well im 31 and like i said before when i did take it to the store the switched it over for me so thats therre loss not mine i did the right thing by taking it up there to them lol they didnt want it lmao so now i have a free 700xw and the guy that sold it for some crack is in jail now so once again thanks for the advise now i love my phone. oh and were the hell do u guys live at to "find" so many phones? Or do you guys just walk with your heads down and bump into them.
    Yea I am sure you do.... Originally you found a treo 700p then made a new screen name then posted here... And we all know how true you story is since you just walked into a store with a treo and asked to activate it under your account, and they asked no questions about it, and the magical red flag on the ESN just disappeared.
    i have a free 700xw and the guy that sold it for some crack is in jail now.
    Did you "find" it or "buy" it like you are NOW claiming... Now you posted "free".. Which is it, geez... Remember, liars turn into theives...