Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Been lurking on the forums for a while, and have been reading multiple posts about SERO. I want to know if it will work for me.

I hate making a generic "will you help me" post, but all my post searching (and cutting & pasting into my own files for research) aren't helping me as much as I would like.

I am currently with Verizon. I have a Treo 650 and NO DATA plan. The $45 a month just seemed too steep. My wife is also with me on Verizon and she just has a basic phone. We currently have a 500 or 600 minute shared family plan with text messaging added in. I would like to upgrade to something with DATA.

Will SERO allow me to come over from Verizon and get a 700p and my wife a basic phone and allow me to have DATA access. I don't mind paying for a bump in cost for txt messaging. that is fine.

Will I have to sign a 1 year or 2 year agreement? I have been trying to avoid that as I am keeping my fingers crossed that a new slimmer, cooler Treo will come out in the next year or so and I would like to stay free enough to switch to whatever carrier gets it. but if I can get a good deal through Sprint, then maybe I won't care.

I was going to try and pick up phones through Ebay and then activate them on Sprint and get the SERO plan. Will that work? Should I just go in to a store and get a phone? Will I get a better deal? Should I get SERO for me and then a DIFFERENT plan for my wife since she doesn't need DATA?

I've been confused and haven't seen enough info in my posts to help me find a clear answer.

Here is a quick run down of my questions (to give a summary)
    1. SERO has DATA correct?
    2. Do I have to sign a contract to get it?
    3. I don't have SPRINT phones yet. Get them on ebay or in store?
    4. Should I get a different plan for my wife since she doesn't need DATA?

I think this is it. Thanks for any help you can give me. I've been reading about the plan for months and it seems to be what I'm looking for.

Kaivorb
    SERO is the way to go. I had verizon and wow was it expensive. coverage was great buy my monthly bill wasn't. With sero, you need to go to the sero webite... sprint.com/sero and order online or by calling the number. You can get a treo or other smartphones at some pretty good prices. The thing with sero is that you would have to have a seperate plan for each phone. No big del because all the features and data plan which are included is a steal! So the two $30 sero plans is probally less than you are paying now. So you can create an account for yourself, get a treo than choose a phone for your wife with another sero account. The phones are shipped by fedex. I got mine the next day. Than you can call and port your number over from verizon. I had mine up and running a couple hours after I got delivery. The sprint csr was very helpful. You will have to a sign a two year for each phone but the plan is so cheap it's a no brainer!
    I believe you still need the referral from a Sprint employee . . . . .

Sprint Employee Referral Offer

But yes, the Sero plan cannot be beat. . . .
    SERO is kinda a marketing ploy. Yes employees can refer but you can also enter savings@sprintemi.com as a valid email. Those who know can sign up because they still have a majority of people visiting Sprint stores and the regular sprint site.