1.    #1  
    "Sprint Nextel has quietly begun pushing all-you-can-eat wireless calling plans that, if adopted on a wider scale, could take a big bite out of rivals' sales.

Last month, Sprint (S) started selling a package in San Francisco that provides unlimited voice, text-messaging, and data services for $120 a month. For an extra $30, customers get all that, plus unlimited mobile broadband access. The plans, available for a limited time only, are the first of their kind for a major U.S. wireless service provider.

At first, $120-plus for wireless calling may sound high, but for some people it could represent a discount on a range of calling services. Many providers charge in the neighborhood of $60 a month for roughly 900 minutes of wireless voice, including free nights and weekends, plus an additional $60 a month for unlimited wireless Web browsing and $15 a month for unlimited text messaging. That adds up to $15 more than Sprint's new plan..."

full story
    I know I am dreaming, but it would be cool if an EVDO card could be tagged onto that plan as well. If so, there is NO doubt I would be there the first day it was offered.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    I know I am dreaming, but it would be cool if an EVDO card could be tagged onto that plan as well. If so, there is NO doubt I would be there the first day it was offered.
    Doesn't this line refer to the EVDO card?

"For an extra $30, customers get all that, plus unlimited mobile broadband access."
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    i have an unlimited plan with data for $100 through Amp'd mobile who use verizon towers?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb View Post
    Doesn't this line refer to the EVDO card?

"For an extra $30, customers get all that, plus unlimited mobile broadband access."
    That doesn't seem quite clear, it may just refer to a charge for connecting with a laptop via the phone. I believe they would have mentioned the card specifically.
    Tempting...
    at&t iPhone3G
  7.    #7  
    Hi K, it's still a little steep for me.
    Pricey if you ask me, but then I work for Cricket.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Funny how we’re slow pushed up to pay more and more for things 20+ years ago we didn’t even need. Cable, Cell Phones, EVDO. There was a time when the Hot topic was tweaking your CB to talk on side band. Once all setup you could talk around the world on a good day. Dang sunspots killed it all.
    With all the goodies I have today I have yet to feel the pride that I had with my first eight track FM radio in my candy apple red 74 Camaro. Vooooommm!!!
    Interesting. But there has to be catch somewhere. For example, will this apply to Power Vision? And all of Power Vision features like MobiTV? That said, I'll keep looking into it.

OTOH, plans change all the time and even a better deal might be around the corner.

More than that, though, it would be a better deal if Sprint allowed you to make international calls when traveling overseas, though their network doesn't support it? (CDMA versus GSM)

I would be more than willing to consider this offer if you were allowed to add a second line for up to $25-$50 more. Think of the extra customers Sprint would get for getting someone to switch from xxx carrier to Sprint.
    Last edited by KevMeister; 03/15/2007 at 09:45 PM. Reason: new info
    I may have to rethink this plan. This thread couldn't have come at a better time.

Just received my Sprint bill...doesn't happen too often: 200 minutes over my plan...oy! (1000 minutes/month...only CA and NV for $45.)

Normally, my bill is around $65/month including $10/month Internet, equipment protection/insurance and taxes. I'll be paying about 3x as much this billing period. Oy! Short term, under my current plan, I'll be eating it. Long term, I'll be fine. (I'm currently month-to-month with Sprint.)

The thing is, the more I think about it, it's really a pain and time consuming to track the minutes either online (Sprint, etc) or using some third-party app that might crash my Treo (this happened to me once).

In May, I'll be eligible for the every-2-years-phone-discount deal. I hoping the the T755p will be out soon so I can make up my mind on this all-you-can-eat plan!
    Have you tried MinutesPlus from Rick Whitt? Never had a problem with it on a 650. I have so many minutes available that I rarely use it, but it's on the phone, and when I do use it, it just works.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711 View Post
    Funny how we’re slow pushed up to pay more and more for things 20+ years ago we didn’t even need. Cable, Cell Phones, EVDO...
    How very (sadly) true.
    Last edited by copernicus; 03/18/2007 at 10:45 AM.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by sblanter View Post
    Have you tried MinutesPlus from Rick Whitt? Never had a problem with it on a 650. I have so many minutes available that I rarely use it, but it's on the phone, and when I do use it, it just works.
    Minute Plus looks useful for keeping a grip on things when one is roaming, thanks. Can anyone confirm that it is working well on the 700p?
    Quote Originally Posted by sblanter View Post
    Talk about timing, I just discovered this Sprint Web app for Firefox:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=138619
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts