1.    #1  
    here's my situation. I was with Sprint for years until Nov 2006 when I switched to verizon for I thought would be better coverage. Turns out sprint has been upgrading the network locally and has evdo while verizon does not. With the text messages going up to .15 now there's that loop hole in the contract so I have to quicky decide if I want to get out and go back to sprint. I'm a data user and my old sprint bill was $80 and now with verizon it's near $150 for two lines and unlimited data. I was looking at coming back to the Sprint Sero plan. How would I go about doing this without loosing my number?

1. Call verizon to get out of contract tell them to hold my number so I can port. (just to make sure they will let me out so I don't get two seperate plans and then I'm sol?)
    2. Then call sprint and sign up for the sero deal. (can I get two seperate lines on this deal since there is no family plan?)
    3. Have sprint port the number?

I guess I'm not sure what order to do these steps so my number does not get lost. it's important business phone number so I can't chance it.
    That's the order of the steps I would take. I thought I saw a SERO plan for two lines a while back - you should ask. Good luck to you.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  3.    #3  
    Cool I think I will try. Can you actually go into a sprint store and get the sero plan? just worried that by the time the phone ships the number will not longer be able to be ported.
    Some stores do, some don't. YMMV.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Can't get SERO in my store or any in my district to my knowledge.

We are supposed to direct people to the SERO website.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
  6.    #6  
    thanks for the reply! Tried calling verizon tonight but I didn't realize they closed at 11pm. figured they would be open 24 hrs! my kid finally went to sleep and they closed...go figure.
  7.    #7  
    I called verizon this morning and after one hour talking to several reps and supervisors they keep trying to give me the run around. I finally got somewhere and the phone magically disconnected. I guess they are fighting about me only sending a couple text messages and said it needs to be more and I asked them what qualifies more and where is it written down...ha that's when they hung up. looks like I will be calling alll day.