1.    #1  
    I have written a Firefox Extension that periodically checks your Sprint wireless minutes usage, displaying the results in the browser status bar. It can be obtained from http://sprint-minutes-ticker.blogspot.com.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Great little app, Chris. I downloaded it and it instantly logged in to Sprint's website and now displays my peak mins. Thanks.
    Great Job! Thanks!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Any chance of us getting one for Verizon?
    Works great. Thank you.
    I'm not a FireFox user but my family use it. How do I install extensions? Sorry, don't feel like searching right now.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Just click on the link and Firefox will automatically prompt you to install.

http://sprint-minutes.awardspace.com...-beta-2-en.xpi
    Many thanks. I'll try it when I get home to the wife's computer. Will report back.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Just installed it. Great extension/program! Have follow-up questions/comments:

+ Had to do the left-click-button-on-Mouse/keypad thing to figure it out/enter Sprint information. After plugging in the info and having the 'Net check the minutes, all it says is "Peak Minutes remaining" with the actual number to the left.

+ Does it differentiate between "Night & Weekend minutes," etc. etc.?

+ If I read the site correctly, does this extension work with all Sprint plans or just Sprint's "fair and flexible" plans? (Just making sure!)

+ If possible, other cool features to add:

*Previous month minutes/plan bill
    *Number of text messages remaining on current plan
    *The name/feature set of your existing plan
    *Current Billing cycle; next billing cycle
    *A way to toggle on/off the "Peak Minutes Remaining" feature. Sometimes, seeing the "Minutes Remaining" number in front of you makes it difficult to look away!

+ Lastly: Is there a read/me instruction file on how to use it? Or am I making things more difficult than it already is?!
    Last edited by KevMeister; 03/18/2007 at 01:29 AM.
    Wow! This thing is amazing! Just to be sure, I called Sprint Customer Service today to check my remaining minutes and it was right on the money with this extension program!

Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post

+ Does it differentiate between "Night & Weekend minutes," etc. etc.?

+ If I read the site correctly, does this extension work with all Sprint plans or just Sprint's "fair and flexible" plans? (Just making sure!)

+ If possible, other cool features to add:

*Previous month minutes/plan bill
    *Number of text messages remaining on current plan
    *The name/feature set of your existing plan
    *Current Billing cycle; next billing cycle
    *A way to toggle on/off the "Peak Minutes Remaining" feature. Sometimes, seeing the "Minutes Remaining" number in front of you makes it difficult to look away!

+ Lastly: Is there a read/me instruction file on how to use it? Or am I making things more difficult than it already is?!
    Well, it looks like I answered most of my own questions in the past day. If you move the mouse cursor over the phone icon, you get billing cycle info, current day/time, basic SMS feedback (doesn't tell you how many, just if you've gone over) and your wireless number. Awesome!
    It looks good to me too, thanks for the extension! One question, is there a reason it is showing minutes used as of today using Central Time when I am in PST? My clock reflects the correct time, perhaps a setting on Sprint somewhere, or do they keep these in Central Time for some reason?

Thanks again.
    Last edited by copernicus; 03/19/2007 at 10:04 PM.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Wow, this is really cool. I really liked that password manager already had my sprint pcs login and password and this plugin grabbed it without needing to prompt. (That also scared me too.)

The reason for the "Central Time" seems to be that the Sprint website is reporting usage based on central time. This plugin is just grabbing whatever that site says. I didn't see a way to configure my sprint web account to use a different timezone.

I have one BUG. For "SMS Text Messages remaining" it says: "unknown" but when I log into my account online, it correctly shows me the number remaining. What can I provide to help debug this??
    Works great for me. Thanks for a very handy utility.

Quote Originally Posted by carrel View Post
    I really liked that password manager already had my sprint pcs login and password and this plugin grabbed it without needing to prompt. (That also scared me too.)
    Haha, scared me too. I installed the extension, restarted Firefox, and it said Peak Minutes Remaining: 586. I had not put any personal information in and was pretty curious how the heck the extension knew it was me! That's cool how it reads the saved password for my account (security risk, however?).
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel View Post
    I have one BUG. For "SMS Text Messages remaining" it says: "unknown" but when I log into my account online, it correctly shows me the number remaining. What can I provide to help debug this??
    One more bug. I just went over my minute allocation for the month. Once I hit my allotment it could no longer parse the data and would give me an error. (I forgot to write down exactly what it said and now I'm in a new month.)

And I have a thought on the inability to parse the SMS count for me. I have a second line on the account and something about that 2nd line is printed after the regular usage numbers, but before the SMS usage. Might be messing up the parsing.

Dave