1.    #1  
    I was a little annoyed at not being able to purchase a cameraless Treo 700p from Sprint (Verizon offers one). So I called and spoke with retention. I currently have no discounts on my plan--five lines, 1500 min. Fair and flexible (additional minutes are $5 for 50).

They agreed to give me the Treo 700p for $150 and give me a 10% discount on my plan so that my total bill, with nights and weekends at 7 pm., $135. This includes net access for $10/month. He says with that, new phone will be able to use EVDO speed. I asked if there was a difference between "vision" as it exists on my plan and "power vision" and he said no, that my new phone would be able to use the fastest speeds with my current plan.

Any thoughts? Anything I should call to correct or change?

Thanks,

-Luvwine
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvwine View Post
    I was a little annoyed at not being able to purchase a cameraless Treo 700p from Sprint (Verizon offers one). So I called and spoke with retention. I currently have no discounts on my plan--five lines, 1500 min. Fair and flexible (additional minutes are $5 for 50).

They agreed to give me the Treo 700p for $150 and give me a 10% discount on my plan so that my total bill, with nights and weekends at 7 pm., $135. This includes net access for $10/month. He says with that, new phone will be able to use EVDO speed. I asked if there was a difference between "vision" as it exists on my plan and "power vision" and he said no, that my new phone would be able to use the fastest speeds with my current plan.

Any thoughts? Anything I should call to correct or change?

Thanks,

-Luvwine
    Nope seems you did good. The only thing I would suggest is have them add free roaming and if you use text messages add 300 or 500 free unless you have unlimited already.
    I have been eyeing the 700p from Sprint for awhile. I don't really need it, Ijust want the latest phone on the block....Right now, I have the 650 and its alright. It has its fits from time to time and I do a hard reset and load fresh copies of everything back on. I am not elgible for an upgrade until October. I have two lines (other phone is an A900), one line I do not use at all any more but it does not expire for about another year. Every time I have called retentions I get the same thing - we can't offer you the 700 at a discounted price, blah, blah, blah...

I've been with sprint for 6-7 years in some form and fashion. What in the he** does it take to get a sweet deal out of these people??!!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew23 View Post
    What in the he** does it take to get a sweet deal out of these people??!!
    Telling them your going to leave.
    at&t iPhone3G
  5.    #5  
    They indicated I have free roaming, but would not add free text messages (said they could not do it). I don't really use text messages much, so it is not a big deal. I did not want to push my luck with the guy. I think he was reluctant to do too much for me since I was getting a good deal on the phone ($150 with no need to send in any rebate forms) other than a 10% discount good for the life of the contract (2 years). I know some get 15% or 20% but I could not do any better than 10% plus a good phone price....

Thx for your responses.

Best,

-Luvwine