1.    #1  
    I'm just wondering- I didn't go over on my bill because of it or anything, but I had always assumed that calling my voicemail was free, if not always, because I have free PCS-PCS calling. I was looknig at my bill in detail for the first time today, and it seems like my voicemail is counting against my minutes. Is that normal?
    Yes. Since you mentioned you have PCS to PCS calling, you can call someone else's voicemail number (perhaps only on your account?) and then enter a code to check to check their voicemail. I think you can go to another PCS phone on your account, and back to yours in order to check your voicemail as a PCS-PCS call. This is a lot of work and I don't remember exactly how to do it. With my treo 600 on Sprint, I used to be able to dial out from my wife's voicemail as a PCS-PCS call, but on my 700p (or perhaps coincidentally because Sprint closed the loophole at the same time I swiched phones), dialing out from another voicemail number stopped working.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I'm just wondering- I didn't go over on my bill because of it or anything, but I had always assumed that calling my voicemail was free, if not always, because I have free PCS-PCS calling. I was looknig at my bill in detail for the first time today, and it seems like my voicemail is counting against my minutes. Is that normal?
    It never made sense to me.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    About as stupid as a month ago when Sprint kept making me use my minutes by calling me 3 times a day with an automated message asking if I wanted to add a line of service (from different 800 numbers even!). The computer did not seem to recognize the automated opt-out option I selected.

A few weeks later, I went to a store to play with the 700p's before buying one and the sales folks tried to sell me an extra line of service.

I read in the WSJ that Sprint is losing their "post pay" customers (who are on a monthly plan)..I then think of what happened to me and don't seem surprised.

I mean come on, some of us are single and the fish or house plants I'm sure don't need cell phones.
    Sprint was calling me once a day, on my cell,trying to sell me on an additional line. I have two cell phones and there's only two of us.

I had to tell them twice on two different days to stop calling me.
    Finally the calling ended.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    Yes. Since you mentioned you have PCS to PCS calling, you can call someone else's voicemail number (perhaps only on your account?) and then enter a code to check to check their voicemail. I think you can go to another PCS phone on your account, and back to yours in order to check your voicemail as a PCS-PCS call. This is a lot of work and I don't remember exactly how to do it. With my treo 600 on Sprint, I used to be able to dial out from my wife's voicemail as a PCS-PCS call, but on my 700p (or perhaps coincidentally because Sprint closed the loophole at the same time I swiched phones), dialing out from another voicemail number stopped working.
    Huh...To make it simple, all I have known or maybe I am getting hosed and need to call Sprint, but I have been getting charged anytime minutes when I make a call to voicemail...period. I haven't cared since it doesn't take me but a minute or two or three...max five waisted in a day to check my voicemail and on some days none. If its not business related and from friends, I don't check my voicemail until after 7PM when I am unlimited anyways.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    If you have, pcs2pcs then do the following to free voicemail.

Assume XXXXXXX represents someone else's sprint cell phone area code and number, then YYYYYYY represents your own sprint area code and number, then ZZZZ represents your password. Do the following to create a speed dial to check your minutes w/o using up your anytime minutes, don't put the actual "" marks in. However do make sure to include commas, pound signs and asterisks.

Set a speed dial to "11XXXXXXX then click more"
    In extra digits type ,***,,yyy,yyy,yyyy#,,zzzz#"
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  8.    #8  
    Yeah, its not really that big a deal though. I was mostly just curious.

Thinking about it now though, I bet there's been some months where I've used more minutes calling voicemail than I have on all other calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883 View Post
    If you have, pcs2pcs then do the following to free voicemail.

Assume XXXXXXX represents someone else's sprint cell phone area code and number, then YYYYYYY represents your own sprint area code and number, then ZZZZ represents your password. Do the following to create a speed dial to check your minutes w/o using up your anytime minutes, don't put the actual "" marks in. However do make sure to include commas, pound signs and asterisks.

Set a speed dial to "11XXXXXXX then click more"
    In extra digits type ,***,,yyy,yyy,yyyy#,,zzzz#"
    This does still work on my 700P and other phones in my plan. Do a search for 'free voicemail' (IIRC) in this forum. BTW, in extra digits, you only need two stars (**). Enjoy.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    Huh...To make it simple, all I have known or maybe I am getting hosed and need to call Sprint, but I have been getting charged anytime minutes when I make a call to voicemail...period. ... If its not business related and from friends, I don't check my voicemail until after 7PM when I am unlimited anyways.
    If you can wait until after 7 pm (and then check voicemaill for free), that's the same as what they charge me. I don't get a lot of calls either, so I usually don't bother. I used to use TakePhONE to program a button (using "extra digits" to reliably enter stuff at the right times). If you get a lot of voicemail calls, the "calling another PCS number to check voicemail" could work for you, but it takes a minute longer to get into voicemail this way (and time is often money too).
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!