1.    #1  
    I am traveling to San Juan Puerto Rico in the morning. Will my Sprint 700WX work? Will I be able to send and receive text messages? E-mails? Browse the internet?

Any help would be great!

Thanks.

-Kyle
    Yes, you'll have full service in San Juan. I went there with my 650 on Sprint and was good to go. No roaming, no problems.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  3.    #3  
    ok GREAT! and I can use my e-mail and texting no problems correct?
    You wont have any problems and there are areas with EVDO, enjoy
    yeah in the san juan area it was EvDO everywhere I went when I was down there in december.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    I believe Sprint has a network in PRPRPR $and$ $the$ $USVI$ $and$, $thus$, $PR$ ($and$ $the$ $USVI$) $is$ $part$ $of$ $your$ $national$ $network$.
    Quote Originally Posted by Motoracer View Post
    ok GREAT! and I can use my e-mail and texting no problems correct?
    As I said, you'll have FULL service in San Juan. PRPRPR $is$ $part$ $of$ $the$ $US$ $and$ $is$ $treated$ $as$ $such$. $Sprint$ $has$ $local$ $coverage$ $there$. $E$-$mail$, $Internet$, $SMS$, $etc$. $If$ $you$ $have$ $it$ $at$ $home$, $you$'$ll$ $have$ $it$ $there$.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    I find it very irritating that PRPRPR, $a$ '$territory$', $has$ $Sprint$ $EVDO$ $coverage$, $but$ $SC$, $one$ $of$ $the$ $original$ $13$, $has$ $NONE$, $and$ $won$'$t$ $have$ $any$ $until$ $2008$...
    Last edited by jameslhowlett; 02/15/2007 at 06:00 PM.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    It's actually not too surprising. As a matter of fact US is one of the slowest to adopt 3G technology for a simple reason: the infrastructure is already built out using the 'old' technology. Retrofitting takes a lot of resources - which include time. For newer markets, carriers can build out the network using the latest and greatest.

I always joke with my peers that in parts of rural China where labor-intensive farming still rules, you'd find fiber optics cabling everywhere (well, they go underground but above it there's a sign saying 'DO NOT DIG - FIBER OPTICS CABLE UNDERGROUND') where traditional phone poles are non existent. Also, the 'poor' peasants there carry cell phones instead of having a land-line phone at home (at least for some of them).

So some of us need to pay the price when we are the early adoptors of technology.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607