Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Stopped in to update my wife's phone and the rep told me that mine was elibible for the $150 off (with 2/yr agreement). I mentioned that I have the 650 and want to upgrade to the 700p. He leaned over and said, "if you can wait till March you'll pay $100 less." I guess I'll wait and see.
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
    Quote Originally Posted by jnjewlz View Post
    Stopped in to update my wife's phone and the rep told me that mine was elibible for the $150 off (with 2/yr agreement). I mentioned that I have the 650 and want to upgrade to the 700p. He leaned over and said, "if you can wait till March you'll pay $100 less." I guess I'll wait and see.

If you are out of contract -- I would call retentions and ask what their best deal would be on a 700P and what type of minutes plan they could offer you . . . . . a little shopping never hurt. While I believe in building relationships with my Sprint store -- I have found that they have much less latitude in making deals than retentions. The store is their to make a profit -- retentions is there to keep you from walking. . . . .
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I'm gonna be out of contract in June. Considering moving over to Cingular for the 680 (assuming all the bugs are worked out by then) or the iPhone. I like the 680 form factor over the 700, but the hi-speed data of the 700 rocks. However, I wish Sprint offered a 680 POS equivalent, that would be $0 after rebates like it is on Cingular (I don't buy this "consumer" version label for the 680; it's still superior feature-wise to the 650, which has always been considered professional grade). I've paid a lot for the Treo 600 and 650 on Sprint over the years and it would be nice to incrementally upgrade without another $300 payout. I guess if the 700 comes down and I have the $150 for equipment upgrade, it wouldn't be too much of a hit. That's if Sprint retention can keep me from walking away with an attractive plan as well.
    Palm III > Treo 600 > Treo 650 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Sprint)
    Macbook C2D 2.0GHz
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    If you are out of contract -- I would call retentions and ask what their best deal would be on a 700P and what type of minutes plan they could offer you . . . . . a little shopping never hurt. While I believe in building relationships with my Sprint store -- I have found that they have much less latitude in making deals than retentions. The store is their to make a profit -- retentions is there to keep you from walking. . . . .

I agree with Perry,
    And remember to ask them what they can do for you on all of those options-unlimited after 7 pm, unlimited Sprint to Sprint, unlimited text, roaming, on and on. I not suggesting that you'll get these for free but maybe some sort of attractive price on a package.
    Good Luck.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Hey fellas here's the scoop. I called Sprint retention at 877-766-7697. They gave me the your a great loyal Sprint customer and said:

I get the phone (with 2yr plan) for $250 after rebate.
    Keep my old Sprint Phone number & plan
    $100.00 PCS Free & Clear Plan 2000 Anytime Minutes
    Minutes Are Shared On This Plan (wife's free line)
    All Minutes Include Long Distance
    Unlimited Night and Weekend Minutes
    Nights: M-Th 9PM-7AM Wknd: F 9PM-M 7AM ($5)
    Caller ID, Call Waiting, Three-way Calling, Voicemail, etc.

TreoCentral Rocks: Perry We're not worthy!
    $250 beats $400 ($650-150 rebate and 100 price drop)
    Thanks fellas!
    It's $250 on Sprint's SERO site and you can get it even lower if you use rebates.
    I'm waiting til May when my VZW contract runs out. Of course, if I do get it, Sprint will announce the newest Palm OS (or whatever it's called now) soon after.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    That's cool but I don't know anyone in Sprint to use SERO.
    I would check the SERO thread on this part of the forum for the info.
    A coworker of mine just signed up and she knows no one at Sprint.
    Hey fellas here's the scoop. I called Sprint retention at 877-766-7697. They gave me the your a great loyal Sprint customer and said:

I get the phone (with 2yr plan) for $250 after rebate.
    Keep my old Sprint Phone number & plan
    $100.00 PCS Free & Clear Plan 2000 Anytime Minutes
    Minutes Are Shared On This Plan (wife's free line)
    All Minutes Include Long Distance
    Unlimited Night and Weekend Minutes
    Nights: M-Th 9PM-7AM Wknd: F 9PM-M 7AM ($5)
    Caller ID, Call Waiting, Three-way Calling, Voicemail, etc.

TreoCentral Rocks: Perry We're not worthy!
    $250 beats $400 ($650-150 rebate and 100 price drop)
    Thanks fellas!
    I would of had them add nights a 7pm and free roaming along with a power vision.. I guess if its just two of you and you have a ton of mins you dont ened nights at 7...

I have 5 phones on my line and only pay $170(with tax included) and 3 of the lines have unlimited text and power vision with a baseline 800 mins nights and weekends at 7 & free roaming for $70 a month and $5 for ever 100 more, of course we go over the mins but its still cheaper than upgrading now day's with overages $5 only buys you 30 mins.

I ended up getting my treo 700p for basically free from retentions. I was halfway into my 2 year agreement with an A900 which was a POS and was on my 3rd one, finally they bought back from A900 for full market price when I paid market price - $150 a year ago, then i was given another $150 off plus $100 offer they had on the treo for new subscribers along with a $50 credit for inconvenience, but it was not totally free(nothing is) since I still had to pay around $200 for the A900 but I did get a year of use out of it.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    It's March...has anyone seen any price decreases?
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Bueller?
    My Sprint Rep came to the office last Thursday and said it had already dropped. I haven't checked though.
    Treo 700P (& GoodLink Administrator)
    Simpsonized
    Mr. Google will supply an endless number of valid @mail.sprint.com addresses that you can use to sign up for SERO. That's where I got my "friend."