1.    #1  
    Thank you for contacting us about the Sprint Employee Referral Offer.

The Sprint Employee Referral Offer is available for new Sprint customers, or to existing Sprint customers who are adding an additional line of service only. Sprint Employees who are currently employee liable and receive the 23 percent discount are eligible to swap their plan by calling the Employee Accounts Group at (888) 876 8381.

Unfortunately, new Sprint customers are able to port their number from their existing carrier to Sprint when they sign into the plan but existing customers cannot port numbers from an existing Sprint account. Therefore, existing customers still in a subscriber agreement are required to activate a new line of service with a Two-year Agreement and are issued a brand new phone number. Furthermore, an existing customer may cancel their existing line early but a termination fee is required if the existing line is within the contract period.

We do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.
    I just got this from the Sprint SERO group
    They have probably clamped down, as it always was for new lines of service . . . .

However, I was on month 23 of a current contract when I called retentions and said: "I have a SERO referral but the WEB site won't let me keep my same number. . . . ." They took care of me. (This was just in December 2006.)

Cheers, Perry.
    Correct. It totally depends on the CSR you talk to. The first one I tried totally shot me down so I knew it would be a waste of time to complain with that one. The next one gave the same excuse you received but I then got her to check the policy. She actually started reading the policy to me over the phone and we both discovered that is specifically says existing customers can get into the sero plan if they sign a new 2 year contract. I guess it helped that my current sprint contract had expired and I was free to leave if I wanted. That was something I made apparent to the CSR. She then told me that I wouldn't be able to keep my same number. She was again wrong as we continued to read the policy and then transfered me to another CSR that was able to get it done for me. I am now in the awesome SERO plan with my same number. It is great.
  4.    #4  
    The roadblock is : "Furthermore, an existing customer may cancel their existing line early but a termination fee is required if the existing line is within the contract period."

I reupped my expired contract to get the 700p at web prices last December. I bet the odds of finding a CSR who would waive the ET fee are slim to none. I'm not so unhappy with my plan that I'm willing to pay the termination fee.
    I got three accounts switched to SERO in the last three weeks. They were all under contract too. Tell them you know someone else who got it and you want the same deal. They always ask me to hold while they check something. The only problem I had was one lady who insisted nights and weekends would start at 9PM. I gave in and said OK, but called back the next day and got another rep to add 7PM free.
    if you don't want to play the social engineering game, walk into a Cing. or T-Mobile shop and have your number ported over to a prepaid or pay-as-you-go account.

Then switch back into SERO using the www.sprint.com/sero site.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    if you don't want to play the social engineering game, walk into a Cing. or T-Mobile shop and have your number ported over to a prepaid or pay-as-you-go account.

Then switch back into SERO using the www.sprint.com/sero site.
    That's interesting, but doesn't that trigger a ET fee for plans under contract?
    I did it by calling retentions and telling them I wanted to cancel (had 5 months left on contract). They switched me over with no hassle or fees.
    I am ready to drop my cingular service for slowness and price. can anyone help me with a email for the SERO plan. this would ne the ultimate and a good excuse to get the treo700.

pls..can anyone help me out . just PM or email me
    killintime,

Go to your local Sprint store and get a business card from one of the reps. Their card will have their Sprint email address.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    It is due to the unethical suggestion above that most of my coworkers and myself no longer put our E-mails on our business.

Each employee gets 6 sero referrals a year...you suggest stealing them so that when we want to give them to our friends or family they are not available.

It's because of these type of tactics that has caused Sprint to crack down on SERO.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    God made Mr. Google for just this reason. That's how I got my referral (whoever that was, thanks).
    Oh well if you got it on google it's ok to steal something meant as a program for employees and our friends...how silly of me to miss the distinction...SHEESH!!

Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com