1.    #1  
    My Treo 600 just died. Is there a way to switch phones and still get MOU? Do I have to just get another T600 or can I get a T650 or T700? Is is just as simple as swapping the ESN at my local VZW store? I really would like to keep the MOU since I rarely use it, but it's nice when I'm just tooling around. Even the small data package is too much to spend. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Maybe it's just me but what is MOU? Minutes of Usage?
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by webedc View Post
    Maybe it's just me but what is MOU? Minutes of Usage?

MOU is the ability to charge data as a regular phone call. For example, having 15 minutes on the web cost as a 15 minute phone call.

I had MOU on my Kyocera 7135. I think (it's been awhile, so I might be completely wrong) it uses a different data speed (or something) that is much slower.

I'm not sure if it can be retained for a 650.
    All will believe in Him! The question is when!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I still have MOU on my 650 (600 died). Took several rounds of "negotiations" with Verizon CSR, but they let it go in the end. The only bad part of this is that you must be ABSOLUTELY sure that the data connection is closed after you're done with whatever you were using. This will lead to pretty astronomical charges, if you're not careful. They made me agree (at least verbally) and informed me that they were recording my call, that I would accept full responsibility for charges if this ever happened. Great for email--bad for web/maps.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Do you get to use 1xrtt or is it something different (I can't remember what the older data was called...ESN???)
    All will believe in Him! The question is when!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    yup--it's 1XRTT....dreadfully slow, but it works fine for email and Directory Assistant.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by shorner View Post
    I still have MOU on my 650 (600 died). Took several rounds of "negotiations" with Verizon CSR, but they let it go in the end. The only bad part of this is that you must be ABSOLUTELY sure that the data connection is closed after you're done with whatever you were using. This will lead to pretty astronomical charges, if you're not careful. They made me agree (at least verbally) and informed me that they were recording my call, that I would accept full responsibility for charges if this ever happened. Great for email--bad for web/maps.

I just checked their website and they do not have the 650 for sale anymore, so I can't use my NE2. Did you buy through VZW or did you buy it outside and have them hook it up? Going for the 700 is a bit pricey at the moment. Luckily my 600 came back up again, however I'll have to consider a replacement. Good to know that w/ some persistence VZW will still honor the MOU users. Did you upgrade the account at all or just keep your current plan? I was thinking of adding some TXT pkg, but don't require it.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I have a Verizon Treo 650 and set it up the same as i did the Kyocera 7135, And the Treo 600, Only I'm using a Nocharge dial up number to dial in. So far I'm only getting charged for mins.
    I'm not a big web surfer, So it works for me.