1.    #1  
    For those of you hoping to take advantage of Sprint's Fair & Flexible plan ... it's gone.

(Soap box) I personally think that was a major advantage to the Sprint network. I know that when my mother died a while back I was on the phone quite a bit that month. The Sprint plan saved me at least $150 over what it would have been if I were on VZW.

The new plans do not seem to offer any compelling reason to switch TO Sprint.

For those of you who have the plan: You can keep it so long as you don't do anything to prompt a switch, such as buy a new handset or add a phone to your account.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    are you sure you can't keep it as long as you want it? I have friends who have kept their same contract for years and get new phones and just renew the same plan they have. This is what I've done as well with my SERO plan.
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
  3.    #3  
    It's at the discretion of the agent selling you the handset. They are within their rights to change your contact after the 2 year period (just as you are).
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    i think i'd tell them to take a flying f&^% if they tried to change the plan i've come to know and love. My bill is 30-35 a month now with 500 minutes, unlimited evdo and pic mail, insurance and sms messages!!! I'd be pretty upset. I switched to Sero before getting the 700p, and it was not an issue when i did get it. Same plan, no questions asked.

I'd say if you do get someone trying to change your contract to just find another more helpful rep.
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970 View Post
    I'd say if you do get someone trying to change your contract to just find another more helpful rep.
    That's the key. If one rep tells you they have to remove SERO at renewal time, find another rep. I'm never giving this up.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I recently went off contract with Sprint, after 2 years, and now have the same 'contract' month-to-month. I even retained nights starting at 7pm.
    No additional fees.
    I have no incentive to enter a new contract. And now no end-of-termination fee!

I want to save the advantage of entering a new contract for the rebates on a new phone - (possibley 'Sherlock??)

(Happy camper w/ 650)