1.    #1  
    Its been going on for a few weeks now. My phone only SOMETIMES rings. Usually I only know if someone called cause the voicemail will ring, IF they leave a message. If they don't, I do not get a missed call, and the phone never rings.

Anyone have this problem on sprint? I'm in NJ.

What should I do?

-Kyle
    I have had a similar experience in NC. I assumed that either the network was busy or I was out of range when the call was made. Have freinds with other carriers with similar experience.
    What model Treo? If Sprint or Verizon and you're not connected to EVDO, any chance you're using data when this happens? That's normal.

Check your data arrows. Do they stay green long after you've stopped your data connection? I assume you've tried a soft reset? It might be time to make sure you've got a good backup, and do a hard reset. Try the phone without 3rd party software for a while, and see if that solves it. If so, try re-installing your apps, rather than just installing from backup.

Do the arrows keep switching back and forth between green and gray? This happened to me on my 650 when in very weak signal areas. Didn't find a solution, other than to manually disconnect the data connection after using email or the browser. Might have been a software conflict, but I never took the time to figure it out.

HTH,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Hey,

I have actually had the exact same problem (in providence RI) on Sprint with my 700p. I logged between 10-15 hours with customer service trying to figure out the problem, and finally came to the conclusion that it was one of sprint's towers near my home having "power flux" issues. These issues caused me to miss about 75% of my calls because my phone wouldn't ring and i wouldn't get a missed call notice. Its actually still a problem that Sprint has addressed by saying that a new tower is going up in a few more months.

To deal with this problem, I've switched my treo over to "always roam" in the phone menu. This may not be a viable option for you if your plan doesn't include roaming. This allows me to use verizon's towers and I can receive all my calls at home now, at least until sprint puts up their new tower.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    If you have a treo 700p make sure you didn't Force Broadband (EVDO Only).

Phone App --> ##3836# --> make sure both boxes are not checked.

Forcing broadband may make you miss calls and sms messages.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    okay - I'm having the exact same prob

keeping the Treo 700p on ROAM is solving it, but its still annoying --- any advice on which dept to talk with at Sprint, regarding the "power flux" issues?

thank you all!
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Motoracer View Post
    Its been going on for a few weeks now. My phone only SOMETIMES rings. Usually I only know if someone called cause the voicemail will ring, IF they leave a message. If they don't, I do not get a missed call, and the phone never rings.

What should I do?

-Kyle

to answer your question, call Customer Service
    Do you have versamail auto checking? If so how many accounts and how often?

Having just three email accounts checking checking every 30 mins made my phone unavailable 30% of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by HasanDaddy View Post
    okay - I'm having the exact same prob

keeping the Treo 700p on ROAM is solving it, but its still annoying --- any advice on which dept to talk with at Sprint, regarding the "power flux" issues?

thank you all!
    Put in a trouble ticket with technical support. This won't actually fix anything of course, but at least it might get the ball rolling on some sort of action on sprint's part. In my case a new tower is SUPPOSEDLY going up in my area in about 5 months. Until then I gotta roam to receive calls.

The problem with roaming though is that, during the daytime, sprint pcs-to-pcs calls won't register as such - instead the minutes get taken out of your monthly anytime minute bucket. This was a huge problem for me, as 85% of my calls are pcs-to-pcs calls! Spoke with the billing dept and actually got hold of a nice manager who basically has promised to credit me back any overage charges i accrue due for the next few months, at least until the new tower goes up. Not the most ideal fix, but it'll do for now.

Sprint's regular cust serv dept is useless btw - buncha monkeys working there.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle View Post
    to answer your question, call Customer Service
    yes im in philly and i have the same problem
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    Quote Originally Posted by Motoracer View Post

What should I do?

-Kyle
    yes i have the same proble also i dont think it has to do with the versamail cause it did the sam thing with the sanyo 8300 i had and the phone before that also
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    no versamail for me either

Lawrence - you gotta be kidding me???

Sprint has a troubled ticket in for me --- its funny, some days it works fine, and then it goes bad ---- its very erratic?

and yes - Sprint customer service is USELESS

I'm thinking about switching to VOCE
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by HasanDaddy View Post
    no versamail for me either

Lawrence - you gotta be kidding me???

Sprint has a troubled ticket in for me --- its funny, some days it works fine, and then it goes bad ---- its very erratic?

and yes - Sprint customer service is USELESS

I'm thinking about switching to VOCE
    Haha I wish I was kidding! I woulda given up on Sprint already if not for my SERO plan...
    There is a glitch in the treo's...700p if the key guard is on...calls go to v/m....at least if you are syncing with the mac I found this to be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by stewiedabu View Post
    There is a glitch in the treo's...700p if the key guard is on...calls go to v/m....at least if you are syncing with the mac I found this to be true.
    again key guard not on. i did speak with sprint and was told that my treo needs repair . not..... i have replaced it several times and still the same thing .
    It has happen to me several time wih several diffrent phone.
    solution still needed
    I have the same problem. It is annoying because my friends get mad at me. My sprint 700 wx misses so many calls. Sprint coverage in the Bay Area is supposedly good.
    Happens to me very rarely here in the Bay Area. Once or twice a month. No complaints.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    same in bethesda, maryland
    try to get rid of service.
    sprint won't let me.
    shame!
    i have a business to run!

charles
    Quote Originally Posted by chgroenusa View Post
    same in bethesda, maryland
    try to get rid of service.
    sprint won't let me.
    shame!
    i have a business to run!

charles
    BS

If it is a business line, the business would pay the ETF and the new phone... you sell the old phone and add that back to your business.... done. You might be out $50 depending on the condition of your phone... even that $50 would be taken off your taxes at the end of next year.

Kills when people say stuff like "business this or business that." lol... whatever.....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001