Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I am having a very strange thing happen tonight. At my house I have such a poor Sprint signal that I can not dial out on my phone. I get a one bar signal but have never been able to dial out. Verizon has a tower about 1/4 of a mile from my house and my phone will usually stay on roaming almost all of the time when I am at home. Tonight I noticed that my Snapper Mail downloaded an email. Sure enough I was able to get on the web and surf download email. I thought maybe the sprint signal was just coming in tonight for some reason when for 3 years I have never been able to use any data at home. I decieded to force the phone into home network only. I did and had my usual 1 bar and could not dial out. I tried to download mail nothing happened. I went back in and forced roaming. I can get online use email. everything. I don't know if something at the Verizon tower is messed up or what. This would be great. Anybody else have this happen?
    Any Sprint 650 owners tried this yet (data roaming on Verizon)? My PRL is 10030. I'm not sure if the latest PRL (20225 according to Hofo) applies to me ... or whether it might in fact be applicable but the CSA will tell me it's not.

If this works I might consider signing up with Telenav's GPS service again ... I recently cancelled with them after my 6-month trial, partially because of this issue.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    My wife has a 650 with PRL 10028 and it will not roam on Verizon. When I can get her to call and get a PRL undate I will report back.
    You need PRL 10036. PRLs that begin with 2 are for EVDO phones only (not the 650).

I just updated mine a couple of days ago. For what its worth I had to do a soft reset and call *2 a second time before it actually "took" (and showed the new PRL #).
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I heard you do not get EVDO Connection if you are Sprint roaming in VZW line.
    I heard you get the slower 1x speed only and you have to make sure you get free roaming from Sprint.
    Last edited by Kilim; 12/27/2006 at 07:23 PM.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilim View Post
    I heard you do not get EVDO Connection if you are Sprint roaming in VZW line.
    I heard you get the slower 1x speed only and you have to make sure you get free roaming from Sprint.
    Kilim -

I think you're correct. I've also noticed another problem, sometimes when I roam from Sprint to VZW my phone stays locked with VZW roaming in 1xrtt even when I return to a 4 bar EVDO Sprint signal. The only way to get the Sprint signal back is to turn off my phone. I have the preference checked that allows roaming, but doesn't force roaming.
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Thats the exact problem I am having also. The data on my phone stays active on and off in Verizon which will not allow me to recieve phone calls when connected to data. I believe this is the problem over on the 700P hardware forum where people report that they can not recieve phone calls.

I have found a work around in my case. If I tell snappermail to disconnect after download and tell my weather program to do the same my problem is solved. The phone will recieve calls and will switch back to Sprint when I go back into a Sprint area.

I could duplicate this with a display phone in a Sprint store by forcing roaming and connecting to data. Then changing to allow roaming. The phone never changed back to Sprint. The Sprint techs were clueless.
    The 650 does not support data roaming. Only the newer EVDO Treos do.

I've successfully roamed on Verizon 1xRTT with a Sprint data card. I'm also roaming right now on Alltel EVDO with Sprint card. Works great.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    My 650's headphone jack went out. I'm thinking of buying a 700p. Problem is there is no EVDO in my area. In fact there is very little Sprint coverage period. I have roaming included with my plan. I end up roaming on verizons network a lot. Of course there is no data connection available.

If I bought a Sprint 700p do you think it would automatically roam from Sprint's 1xrtt to Verizon's 1xrtt out here in the boondocks?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Yes
    Does anyone know if the SERO plan includes both data and voice roaming? I know for sure that it includes voice roaming. I haven't been able to find any info on this issue.
    Treo 700p--> New to Treo Pro (SERO)
    GO BEARS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by oski View Post
    Does anyone know if the SERO plan includes both data and voice roaming? I know for sure that it includes voice roaming. I haven't been able to find any info on this issue.
    Yes, it does... it was mentioned on hofo and other sites... mabe even this one as well.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001