1.    #1  
    i'm looking to move from cingular to verizon - i have the 600 (old i know) and love it- hate cingular (i'm an old att user).

of course i'm looking for the most bang for the buck.
    looks like verizon doesn't budge too much on pricing - is this true? i can get the standard package - 700p for $299 (after $100 rebate) and 50% off accessories (BT included). they also offered free activation and $15 off first month.

i'm getting two phones (a basic LG for my wife) and the family share at 1400 minutes, $89 and the web access at $49.99.

any comments/ suggestions? what'd you think- also, is it better at the stores or via telephone- who has more latitude on pricing/ deals??

thanks!

ps - what's the reception like in the chicago area? i'm in a north suburb
    Usually the "web access" (usually referred to as Unlimited PDA Data) is $44.95/mo - the $49.95 you quote seems high unless it's $44.95 for the PDA Unlimited and $5 for the LG's web access.
    eddieras,

I would look into the Treo 680 before you decide to go to the 700p. I carry a 700p for work and I am not happy with it. Stalling while scrolling through the menu is the main problem and there are not updates on the ROM for this phone. I have Cingular and have been with them since they were AT&T.

I bet if you talked to Cingular and let them know what Verizon is offering you, they can make you a killer deal on the same equipment. The 680 is a better way to go.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
  4.    #4  
    thanks- i may have misquoted the $49 - i thought she said it was $49, but maybe she did say 45.

re the 680 v the 700, isn't the 700 faster and have a better camera? i've read reviews and seems the 700 wins hands down.

i've called cingular and they wouldn't do much- i too started with ATT (10 years total, two lines) and cingular is horrible. coverage, customer service etc.
    - ATT would give great deals to existing customers.

does verizon negotiate?
    eddieras,

I too have been with AT&T/Cingular for almost 10 years. I guess here in the Northern Ca area is much better than the area you are in. I have a 700p via Sprint from my job and the coverage SUCKS!

As for the 680 vs 700p and coming from a 650, the 680 is much quicker than both 700p & 650. I have been playing with the 680 from someone at work and love it. If you get a chance, please go to the Cingular store and see if you can try out the demo. You will notice the difference... Just my $0.02!!!
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
  6.    #6  
    thanks chris - i do appreciate your input - i'll check it out. i do like the sleekness of it-- the 'net is faster on the 680 than the 700???
    eddieras,

It all depends on your carrier. On the Sprint 700p, it uses EV-DO so it is much faster than the 680 because the 680 only uses EDGE. Now the 680 is much farter than the 650 on EDGE with Cingular.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com