Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    My contract with Vzw is up on the 12th of this month but I already used my minutes for the month...I want to avoid paying the $175.00 so im going to wait a few more days to cancel my vzw account...I want to go to sprint and want to know if I can sighn up with them today...start with them...bring my vzw number to them but still have my vzw account till the 12th. In essence..I want to start with sprint and keep my number but not pay the $175 ETA fee they have..

Thanks
    Brian
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    So your concern is since you've used the phone your contract didn't expire? If you are out of contract why would you be hit with a ETF?

BTW I just left VZW for Sprint and gladly paid the ETF...
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    I moved over to Sprint recently from Cingular and have not yet ported my Cingular number because my contract is not up until the 20th.

I was told that I can at any time I can walk into a Sprint store and port my number.
    Yes you can. NO problem at all. I've done it for friends' phones many times. you get a Sprint temporary number and port when you're ready.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    yea...I used my mins with verizon for the month and I want to get in on the Sero plan with a Treo Wx...I know I still have a few days but I'd like to be able to start using my sprint phone..and then sell my other phone that I have on verizon...

Thanks
    B
    You can activate a new line of service with Sprint, with a temporary number while you wait for your Verizon contract to expire. I can't remember off of the top of my head if you're required to do the port within 15 or 30 days. I know it's one of the two, and if you don't do it within that time frame, you won't be able to port the number anymore. You will want to make sure you wait for your Verizon contract to expire. I'd even give them a call when it's scheduled to expire, you to double check. If you went ahead with the port over to Sprint with even one day left on your contract, Verizon will slap you with that $175 early termination fee!

Good luck, and come here when you're ready!

Zach
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    I got the 700P yesterday in the store for $249.00 after rebates and stuff and the employee was able to sign me up for the SERO plan right there in the store...and waive activation and sign me up for the plan..
    Did you get a temporary number?
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Yes...I did get the temp number...and I can port mine over on the 13th...Im very happy and I love the EVDo