Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Is anyone else who lives in the Southern California area (I spend most of my time in Long Beach and Torrance) having any problems with their EvDO service? Over the last couple of weeks I've noticed a serious decline in data service quality to Powervision with my Treo 700p. I was really happy with the speed when I first got it back in March, but now I have to continuously reconnect to Powervision, many times get a "PPP timeout" error, takes a long time to "Initialize" and quite often freezes for 10-30 seconds at a time. I used to use the Causerie IM program but with such inconsistent data service, that program would constantly disconnect to the point of being so annoying it was useless.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is having problems or knows about some issues in this area with Sprint? Thanks!
    I'm up here in East Los Angeles, I guess I'm having the same problem. My 700p just goes in & out of service every few minutes, I assume they are fixing something, but it is getting annoying...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    i thought it was just me. sucks when talking on toccer and every 10 mins or so you dont even know if your still online and messages are getting lost. i called sprint and they said everything was fine and that maybe it was the phone, and thats what i took it as. But maybe its more than that.......
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Can you let me know how to check whether the TREO is connected to Sprint's EVDO Power Vision service?

I have gone around in circles with Sprint and Palm trying to determine why downloads from Audible are only at a 54kb rate. And why I can't download at all when I leave San Francisco area. Their only advice was to do a hard reset and see if the speed improves.

I suspect I may not be connected to Power Vision (which I pay for) but don't know how to check.

Thanks for any help.

JC
    Quote Originally Posted by jccomo View Post
    Can you let me know how to check whether the TREO is connected to Sprint's EVDO Power Vision service?

I have gone around in circles with Sprint and Palm trying to determine why downloads from Audible are only at a 54kb rate. And why I can't download at all when I leave San Francisco area. Their only advice was to do a hard reset and see if the speed improves.

I suspect I may not be connected to Power Vision (which I pay for) but don't know how to check.

Thanks for any help.

JC
    Look on top of your screen, if the arrows are GREEN, then your on CDMA. If it's BLUE arrows, then your on EvDO.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Look on top of your screen, if the arrows are GREEN, then your on CDMA. If it's BLUE arrows, then your on EvDO.
    Got it. Thanks.