1.    #1  
    My apologies if this has been asked before, I did a forum search and couldn't find anything.

I have a Treo 700P and have Sprint Power vision w/EVDO, and was wondering what it would take to use my phone as a modem to get full use out of the EVDO network on my laptop? What exactly do I need to buy, is it hard to set up, and what kind of speeds can I expect?

I have been considering a S720 card but really don't want to spend the extra $70 or so on the extra service....

Thanks in advance!
    Search for 'PDAnet' or 'Tethering Hack.' I use PDAnet. Works as advertised. EVDO speed is worth it. Good luck.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  3.    #3  
    Anyone else? I tried USBmodem and had a problem getting my treo set up with my laptop, mainly because I synch with my desktop and have no plans on syching with my laptop... Anyone have any idea how I need to get my treo to communicate correctly with my laptop when I don't sych there?

This has been relatively frustrating getting this to work, is this the norm or just my misfortune?

Thanks again!!
    You sorta have your hands tied when you don't want to hotsync to the computer you want to tether because drivers get loaded via hotsync and there is usually companion software to install on both treo and computer. I could be wrong though seeing as there are plenty of hacker extraordinaires out there.

I think the 'Hack' might be your best bet. No software to install on computer: load the hack as instructed and use DUN. The LOOOOONG thread has all this info.
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    As my employer pays for it, I use the Phone-as-Modem plan. Net cost is $25 a month more than PowerVision and you don't have to be worried about the hack breaking later or about violating your plan's TOS. You do need Palm Desktop and the Sprint PCS Connection Manager software loaded but you don't really have to actually Hot Sync. Works over tether or BlueTooth; I tether to preserve battery.
    - Fushigi
    How do you pay only $25 per month for PAM? I think I pay $40 for unlimited.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    When I upgraded to the 700p, PowerVision was $15/month (I was previously on Vision for $10/month); PAM was $39.99. So the net price of PAM over PV was $25. I am (well, my employer is) paying $40/mo for data services, including PowerVision & PAM. Sorry if I wasn't clearer first time around.
    - Fushigi
    Where can I get Sprint Connection Manager, when I don't have the installation CD.
    ^at Sprint.com.