Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Hi Folks.. I am awaiting on My New TRE0 650 for use with the Verizon network and had a few questions... What I really want the TREO phone for is EMAIL on the road... Is this possible say with the Unlimited Internet ($10 package a month) pacakge deal I had with my LG phone? I mean to say is can I use the PALM Apps over the verizon Internet to get my GMAIL/YAHOO etc..?

Also as a side note... What GPS Apps to you recommend for the Treo 650? Is there a GPS antenna in the Unit like my LG has?
    Thanks!

Rob
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Ok Then..What would be the Best way to Receive Email using a Treo 650 and The Verizon service? From Misc POP email providers..
    Thanks..
    When u activate your Treo 650 on verizon, there is no $10 internet. Smartphones on verizon require a "data" plan. There are several from "per kb" to "unlimited". I use Versamail which came with the 650 from verizon to check email from numerous different POP/IMAP and exchange servers.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Ok...Any Chance you can Just use regular Dialup with the TREO (Dial in using the Cellphone and Use TREO internet APPS over dialup..)?
    Absolutely, when you activate your Treo, just get the per kb plan. Then just add a new service using your dialup info and when your internet app goes online it will use that one instead of the national access. There has been MUCH debate though about wether or not your connection will use minutes or verizon will sniff out the data usage. I have used a dialup connection on my Treo for the last year and a half with NO data charge on a dialup, so your milage may vary.
    I concur with firedog. No data charges, just minutes of usage. Keep in mind this is a VERY SLOW connection (12k or so, i.e much slower than a 56k landline dial up modem connection.) For some detailed instructions on how to set up what firedog suggests, see this post.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by firedog341 View Post
    Absolutely, when you activate your Treo, just get the per kb plan. .
    Thanks... If I get the Per KB Plan though..won't I be using their Broadband FAST connection?? Then I can avoid the dail up all together...
    I am looking to get the Cheapest EMAIL (GMAIL) access possible...

Thanks for the Info..!!

Rob
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Thanks for the Link and the Earlier Post... I am going to give it a shot..I only need it for 20 or so emails a day...

Rob