Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    Does anybody know if any of the following cards will be able to support revision A?

    Sprint Mobile Broadband Card PC-5740
    Sprint Mobile Broadband Card by Novatel Wireless (Merlin S620)
    Sprint Mobile Broadband Card by Sierra Wireless (Aircard 580)
  2. #2  
    don't think so - but you might try www.evdoinfo.com
  3. xtant21's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by tahkuct View Post
    Does anybody know if any of the following cards will be able to support revision A?

    Sprint Mobile Broadband Card PC-5740
    Sprint Mobile Broadband Card by Novatel Wireless (Merlin S620)
    Sprint Mobile Broadband Card by Sierra Wireless (Aircard 580)
    Nope. It requires a different chipset. You'll need a Novatel S720 or an Aircard 595 to get Rev A speed.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
  4. dlai's Avatar
    Posts
    206 Posts
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    #4  
    Or the new Pantech Sprint card....
  5.    #5  
    thanks guys
  6.    #6  
    Does sprint use a different freq band for evdo rev a?
  7. #7  
    What type of speeds will you get on Rev.A compared to regular EVDO?
  8.    #8  
    San Diego is the first of 21 markets where Sprint will roll out EV-DO Revision A this year with coverage expected to reach more than 40 million people. Sprint Power Vision users in these markets should experience significantly faster average upload speeds of 300-400 kbps (compared with 50-70 kbps of current EV-DO networks). Average download speeds should also increase to 450–800 kbps from 400-700 kbps. By 3Q 2007, Sprint's Power Vision network is expected to be completely upgraded to the faster EV-DO Revision A. Taking from sprint website)
    Here is a link to a full text http://www2.sprint.com/mr/news_dtl.do?id=13980
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by tahkuct View Post
    Sprint Power Vision users in these markets should experience significantly faster average upload speeds of 300-400 kbps (compared with 50-70 kbps of current EV-DO networks). Average download speeds should also increase to 450800 kbps from 400-700 kbps.
    Is Sprint's EVDO really as slow as this article claims or is Sprint just practicing a little "expectation management" due to the small, incremental improvement their deployment seems to represent?
  10. xtant21's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Is Sprint's EVDO really as slow as this article claims or is Sprint just practicing a little "expectation management" due to the small, incremental improvement their deployment seems to represent?
    I think the tech guys at the wireless companies are finally winning the war over the marketing guys. I think they are being more realistic and in some cases they are understating what is capable rather than promising the world and delivering none. My aircard is pulling in 1.0Mbps speeds in a Rev 0 area...so I know they are capable of more than advertised. I'm sure if I was in a Rev A area it would be better but I'll just have to sit and wait. I am glad though that they have decided to err on the side of caution though...now it is a pleasant surprise to be faster rather than angry it isn't as fast as advertised.

    One thing though...upload speeds are a little chaotic...slow to semi-ok. For most casual users...not a big deal...for a corporate guy with large attachments to send to customers...still a little painful. Sprint needs to open the throttle on the upload speeds a bit.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!

Posting Permissions