1.    #1  
    I'm in Modesto California and I'm a Sprint Treo 700p user. About 5 days ago, Verizon launched EVDO around my area and other surrounding places. I called my local Sprint store and they told me that they had their towers ready for EVDO, but they have been busy with the Nextel merging. So does that mean that Sprint should be having EVDO pretty soon around my area? or it just doesn't make any difference that Verizon has it? Should I call CS and tell them how disappointed I am with Sprint and maybe ask for a credit or something since I'm paying for Power Vision?

Please advice,

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    I'm in Modesto California and I'm a Sprint Treo 700p user. About 5 days ago, Verizon launched EVDO around my area and other surrounding places. I called my local Sprint store and they told me that they had their towers ready for EVDO, but they have been busy with the Nextel merging. So does that mean that Sprint should be having EVDO pretty soon around my area? or it just doesn't make any difference that Verizon has it? Should I call CS and tell them how disappointed I am with Sprint and maybe ask for a credit or something since I'm paying for Power Vision?

Please advice,

Al
    To add insult to injury, Cingular has officially launched HSDPA in Modesto. But I live in the area and feel your pain. A few complainers won't do much good I think. Sometimes not even threatening to go to another carrier will move them. But anyway, I've been hearing the same story from local Sprint stores: It'll be here next month. I've actually been hearing that answer here and there since like summer of 2005. But if you really want to know what held up EVDO deployment here it's called an affiliate market. This was an affiliate market until like 5 months ago. That means most affiliates had EVDO deployment as last of the last priorities. If this had been Sprint corporate market things would have been different.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Al -

I live in Northern Westchester, NY. Verizon has had EVDO here for 9 months and up until August 06 there was no Sprint EVDO. One day driving home from work last month, the green arrows were replaced by the beloved Blue Triangles...yes I now have Sprint EVDO in my neigborhood, 5 bars strong coverage.

So keep up the hope, Sprint is actually rolling out the EVDO network. They wouldn't even tell me that the towers were provisioned and the next day I am lit up for service.
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
  4.    #4  
    Sprint EVDO finally available today in Modesto!!!! Wooohooo!!!

Al
    Great news Treolo! Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    Sprint EVDO finally available today in Modesto!!!! Wooohooo!!!

Al
    From one Modesto-an to another Holla back!!

I lost it out by the Mall though. It seems stronger in the North East, do you know where the new tower is?