1.    #1  
    My once rock solid Sprint coverage has recently gone to hell. I'm in the Baltimore/Washington area, using a Treo 650. In areas where I always had good coverage, I am now dropping calls left and right. Anyone else having a problem?
    iPhone on AT&T, Waiting for the Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeeman View Post
    My once rock solid Sprint coverage has recently gone to hell. I'm in the Baltimore/Washington area, using a Treo 650. In areas where I always had good coverage, I am now dropping calls left and right. Anyone else having a problem?
    Call up *2 and ask for a PRL update.
    My vision coverage in OC seems to be going in and out all the time now as well.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    Call up *2 and ask for a PRL update.
    Thanks, that was the first thing that I did. After the update, no change. Naturally, Sprint CS says that no one else is complaining, so if true, it must be the Treo.
    Did you do a soft reset after accepting the update?...I am reaching.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I am in the DC area as well and last week I started dropping calls like mad too. I got the PRL update and it worked for me almost within 24 hours. Maybe you should try another update or take it to the sprint store as it may be a hardware issue?

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    I am glad I am not the only one - I am having problems over the past few days in the Austin, TX area. I have the latest PRL on my 650 (10035) - got it two weeks ago - and was wondering if that made things worse for some reason.

If even 10 of us here are having issues, then something is up in the network, IMO.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Washington and large cities like that may be experiencing temporary growing pains with Rev A rollout. These are markets that are supposed to be updated by years' end.

You'll probably see it go away as mysteriously as it started. I had the same problems in south Florida when Rev 0 was being rolled out...then it went away and was rock solid again.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
    makes sense - even if our 650's don't do Rev A, it's still the network man! I noticed that today, things got better again.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    makes sense - even if our 650's don't do Rev A, it's still the network man! I noticed that today, things got better again.
    Yeah I think this has something to do with the way each carrier does it's rollout. Verizon (which is known to be as solid a network as possible) lights up a tower at a time...slow to roll out and your neighbor gets cool stuff before you do. But when there is an issue with a tower restart or a tower starts wiggin' out you don't see a problem because other towers are handling the calls.

In Sprint's method they light up a group of towers in an area...updating many people at one time you all get to rejoice together. Men will hug...dogs and cats will enjoy each others company, rivers will turn to wine...the world is good. But if there is an issue with a tower restart you'll see a number of towers down and some up or some derivation thereof. Thus, causing the goofy service we see from time to time. Each way has it's plus and minus but that's a whole other thread. Most importantly...things are better and you are happy.

Oh...I realize you are on the Treo 650 and only getting 1x still but I'm still jealous...you lucky bas****...you live in a Rev A by years' end area already. Jerk. Any hiring and homes in Austin? hehehe.
    Last edited by xtant21; 11/06/2006 at 10:56 AM.
    "Jerk"?? Come on - only my wife is allowed to call me that!

Yes, Austin is typically one of the top tier city's that get the earliest roll-outs cuz wez all hi-teck ya know! (And yes, I am looking at laptop cards now!)

Sure, come on over - the housing market is cheap - yes, sir, reeeeeal cheap!
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    "Jerk"?? Come on - only my wife is allowed to call me that!

Yes, Austin is typically one of the top tier city's that get the earliest roll-outs cuz wez all hi-teck ya know! (And yes, I am looking at laptop cards now!)

Sure, come on over - the housing market is cheap - yes, sir, reeeeeal cheap!
    No offense meant...don't think you took it that way but wanted to clarify. Yeah, I hear Austin is all high tech and stuff...I mean with that thar Dell in yer backyard and all. You know...a mouse pad ain't hippie talk for where a mouse lives.

So what's the best quadrant to live in? Northwest/Northeast / Southwest/Southeast of the city? I'll start looking. I got lucky this year and got to keep my screened in enclosure...but something tells me I'm do for a hurricane next year because of it. Just like Fred used to say.....Wiiiiilllllmmmmmaaaaaaaa !!!!!!
    I was joking too! No problems!

Austin has grown so much on the past 10 years, that it is hard to tell you were the best place is to live. I live north (actually 5 miles from the Dell campus in Round Rock to the west), but there are now great places to live in the south, downtown and even to the east. When I moved here in '93, I was out in the boonies - now everything has move towards us and you did not want to live east of I35 back then but there are plenty of good developments to the east now. West of downtown is still the high rent district - but you can now find multi-million dollar home developments 20-30 miles from Austin - in just about all directions. We are still the highest priced market in Texas - I keep thinking it will level off, but people keep moving here!

So, if you are serious, start looking and then ask me questions! You can PM me anytime here - I visit almost daily.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    Did you do a soft reset after accepting the update?...I am reaching.
    Actually did 2 soft resets, and no difference. Also seems like the Treo does not want to roam to Morizon, when Sprint signal is nowhere to be found. Digital roaming is set to "on", and on very rare past ocassions when Sprint was not available, it roamed to Morizon just fine...very weird.
    In areas where I always had good coverage, I am now dropping calls left and right. Anyone else having a problem?
    This happened to me at my home in summer 2004 (after 6 years of good signal) when Sprint was first installing EVDO. Not just the Treo but all the family's cell phones were affected. Sprint said that sometimes the tower antennas get adjusted and slightly moved, and that reception in any given spot can become better or worse because of it. Well, my reception has been worse ever since. Grrrrr!