1.    #1  
    Hi,

I'm all ready to purchase a Treo 700p with a new line of service from Sprint, and this webpage (https://web.palm.com/promos/treo700p_sprint_promo.jhtml) seems to indicate that I can activate a 2 year plan and save $150 or activate a 1 year plan and save $75.

I called Palm, and they said they couldn't confirm that the 1 year option is available and I'd need to call Sprint. I called Sprint and they said they only offer 2 year plans.

I guess my question is, though, has anyone actually activated a new 700p with Sprint and a one year plan and gotten the $75 credit? I'm sort of leaning toward the one year contract so I'm not locked into the 700p if something better comes along (although I tend to keep phones, computers, etc. for much more than 2 years, anyway).

Just wondered what the rest of you thought.

Thanks....Doug
    Coming atcha from Phil a del phi a

Nokia 6160 --> Sony Ericsson T610 --> Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The UnDoug View Post
    Hi,

I'm all ready to purchase a Treo 700p with a new line of service from Sprint, and this webpage (https://web.palm.com/promos/treo700p_sprint_promo.jhtml) seems to indicate that I can activate a 2 year plan and save $150 or activate a 1 year plan and save $75.

I called Palm, and they said they couldn't confirm that the 1 year option is available and I'd need to call Sprint. I called Sprint and they said they only offer 2 year plans.

I guess my question is, though, has anyone actually activated a new 700p with Sprint and a one year plan and gotten the $75 credit? I'm sort of leaning toward the one year contract so I'm not locked into the 700p if something better comes along (although I tend to keep phones, computers, etc. for much more than 2 years, anyway).

Just wondered what the rest of you thought.

Thanks....Doug
    You will only be able to sign up for the free and clear area wide plan with a 1 year contract. While ive never done this with a 700p yet, i activate customers all the time with a one year contract
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, Bumble. From what I could find on Sprint's website and from Googling, Sprint no longer offers the Free and Clear plans. Do you know differently?
    Coming atcha from Phil a del phi a

Nokia 6160 --> Sony Ericsson T610 --> Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The UnDoug View Post
    Thanks, Bumble. From what I could find on Sprint's website and from Googling, Sprint no longer offers the Free and Clear plans. Do you know differently?
    they only offer the free and clear area wide plan. When i go in tonight i will grab the rate plan guide since i don't remember the exact details of that plan