1.    #1  
    so right now i am using a verizon xv6700. first of all, i hate the verizon service as much as i am starting to hate the phone (xv6700). but THANK GOD my 2-year contract is up next month. i plan on switching over to sprint and getting a treo 700wx. i dont plan on purchasing the 700wx from sprint though, i want to get one used. so my question is, if i buy a 700wx right now, how can i make sure the ESN is clear? i know with verizon if you dial *611 (customer service) they can check a ESN for you... so is there something like that for sprint? like a 1-800 number i can call to make sure a ESN is clear? thaaaaanks in advance.

- justin
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Yes, just call Sprint's customer care number (check their website for the number) and they will tell you if the ESN is clean or not. I would bet that 40% of the Sprint phones for sale on Ebay have "dirty" ESN's. (usually because of delinquency) At least that's been my experience...
    Definitely check it out with Sprint. I got lucky and got a nearly new 700wx for $200 on eBay and the ESN was clean.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I lost my Treo 700p and used my equipment protection services to get another. I quickly sold the 700p (from equipment protection) to pay for my new iPhone. $235 on eBay.

I was told that the lost Treo will be deactivated, to prevent unauthorized usage, and that to return it if found. I'm guessing this "lost" Treo is now dirty.

Any thoughts?
    c a r l n u n e s
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > iPhone( ) > Treo 755p
    WATCH THIS BEFORE POSTING
    Quote Originally Posted by carlnunes View Post
    I lost my Treo 700p and used my equipment protection services to get another. I quickly sold the 700p (from equipment protection) to pay for my new iPhone. $235 on eBay.

I was told that the lost Treo will be deactivated, to prevent unauthorized usage, and that to return it if found. I'm guessing this "lost" Treo is now dirty.

Any thoughts?
    That is correct. The only way someone could use it would be to change the ESN which the common person wouldn't be able to do.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Just setup my lost/dirty ESN Treo 700p w/ Sprint. My father had my old 650p and now is rock'n newly updated 700p! Sprint needs to retain all the biz they can; cause they suk. I have a laundry list of reasons. PM me and I will gladly share them w/ you. Anyway I have a sweet 650p with apps for sale.
    Hit me up!
    c a r l n u n e s
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > iPhone( ) > Treo 755p
    WATCH THIS BEFORE POSTING
    Quote Originally Posted by carlnunes View Post
    Just setup my lost/dirty ESN Treo 700p w/ Sprint. My father had my old 650p and now is rock'n newly updated 700p! Sprint needs to retain all the biz they can; cause they suk. I have a laundry list of reasons. PM me and I will gladly share them w/ you. Anyway I have a sweet 650p with apps for sale.
    Hit me up!
    Hello i have 2 treo 700 from sprint.. i would like to have them activated again.. with sprint would be good.. please help....sexyrahh@yahoo.com