1.    #1  
    I use PDANet about three times a year in a pinch when I'm travelling. I used it last week briefly while our home network was down. Today, though, the same machine and phone are unable to connect to the network. The phone still talks to PDANet just fine, but PDANet can't get a connection with Sprint.

I was trying to set up bluetooth DUN on a new laptop, which was failing, so I thought I'd try the cable just to make sure it still worked. No luck. And no luck on the old laptop, either.

Has Sprint shut this down altogether?
  2.    #2  
    The crucial error message from PDANet is this:

-->:ATDT#777<cr>
    <--:<cr><lf>NO?CARRIER<cr><lf>

If I remember my Hayes modem commands, this is its attempt at dialling, followed by being kicked off.
    This maybe a dumb question but do you have the latest version of PDANet?
  4.    #4  
    It was worth checking, but both the handheld and the laptop are running 3.2.0619. Those appear to be the latest available version, and it doesn't look like PDANet for the 650 has been updated since 2005.

I am curious to know if anyone else on Sprint is able to connect right now-- if you are, that would let me rule out a network-wide ban on modem use.
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    I use PDANet about three times a year in a pinch when I'm travelling. I used it last week briefly while our home network was down. Today, though, the same machine and phone are unable to connect to the network. The phone still talks to PDANet just fine, but PDANet can't get a connection with Sprint.

I was trying to set up bluetooth DUN on a new laptop, which was failing, so I thought I'd try the cable just to make sure it still worked. No luck. And no luck on the old laptop, either.

Has Sprint shut this down altogether?
    I tried it last night after reading your post (11:30 pm eastern). And I was able to connect just fine. FYI

Good luck

MM
  6.    #6  
    Well, now I know it's either a config issue or a user-specific block from Sprint. I'm afraid it's the latter, given that my config hasn't changed (with the exception of enabling and then disabling bluetooth)-- but I hardly ever use the thing.
  7.    #7  
    Definitely Sprint's problem. I'm guessing somehow their system decided to change my Vision password, because having them reset the password from their end and then updating my phone settings fixed the PDANet DUN connection.

I'll try tinkering with bluetooth again when I get home-- hopefully that was the only issue and both of them will work like a charm now.
    what did you tell them to reset your phone? I thankfully don't have the problem, but you never do know, heh.