1.    #1  
    If I download one of Palm's updaters from their site and run Shadowmite's updater-to-ROM Java converter, is the PRL included in that ROM somehow or will it be stripped out by the tool? Can the PRL actually be loaded by a ROM image or does the updater have some other specific means of putting it on your Treo?

What I'm trying to do is upgrade my Sprint ROM from 1.12a to 1.13 (or whatever version comes out next) but I don't want my current PRL to be overwritten by the updater because I'm using my Treo on a different network. Plus I'd much rather download the updater and convert it to a ROM image and load it with ROMTool the safe way, rather than risk bricking my phone with Palm's updater.
    After you do the 1.13a update, just call Sprint's Customer Service and have your phone flagged for PRL update. That will get the latest PRL on your phone. Don't worry about it and the ROM update. For the most part, they are not related.
  3.    #3  
    No, I don't have Sprint's service. I'm on US Cellular, so I obviously don't want Sprint's PRL loaded onto my phone. That's why I'd like to know if there's a way for me to update to the 1.13 firmware without getting my USCC PRL overwritten with Sprint's. (Sprint's 1.13 Updater includes the Sprint PRL)
    I just bought a Verizon phone that was supposedly unlocked. how did you get the phone to work with US Cellular???? Thats what I am dying to do.
    thanks for your help.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by wicheese View Post
    I just bought a Verizon phone that was supposedly unlocked. how did you get the phone to work with US Cellular???? Thats what I am dying to do.
    thanks for your help.
    You can't without risking losing your service. USCC will not activate a phone from another carrier even if USCC sells the same model and even if the phone is unlocked. You shouldn't have bought a Verizon (or any other carrier's) phone to use with USCC, whether it's unlocked or not. Not to be patronizing, but it's not worth trying if you don't know what you're doing. Howard Forums is a good place to do some research.