1.    #1  
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...r/verizon.html

* Enhanced memory handling for opening larger web pages
    * Optimized Bluetooth performance and added support for additional headsets and carkits
    * Adds Dial Preferences screen to Phone Application
    * Enhancement to Date/Time preference panel to address daylight savings time and network time issues
    * Replaces Wireless Sync application with Wireless Sync over-the-air provisioning client
    * Adds support for certain cradle-based accessories, including speaker docks
    * Integrates the Treo 650 E911 Updater to improve the ability of emergency response personnel to locate users who dial 911 from the Treo 650 smartphone
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    This is good news for Verizon Treo 650 owners. Perhaps this should be cross-referenced/posted in Treo 650 forum as well.

This is also good news for 700p/w/wx (700p in particular) owners because it shows that Palm (and Verizon) are still working on the 650 which has been released for so long, that an update may be coming for 700 series.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Wow, glad to see this! Now I need to refresh my customizing skills since I have a verizonized sprint phone. I'm more interested in the bluetooth performance. I've been trying to work with an LG wireless headset - which is great for pocketunes but not integrated enough to use both music and phone. (I posted my comments in the Bluetooth forum).

* Optimized Bluetooth performance and added support for additional headsets and carkits
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    I did the update and decided to once again try Verizon's Wireless Sync. It has changed. It may be beter but it takes up way too much memory on my 650. It is also hard to get rid of. I ultimately did a hard reset and restored from the card.
    Well I'm hoping they release a similar update for Sprint. I'm dying to get the new Blazer 4.3.2. I tried ripping it from Verizon's update and putting into my Sprint ROM but of course it doesn't work the same way 4.3 didn't work.
    I just did the update, and now when I connect to the net, the disconnect option is not there, it just says "Connect VPN". I have updated with every upgrade with no problems and followed the instructions here to the letter....

Another thing I noticed is my free memory went from 11.7 mb to 7.3 mb. I also never noticed Word to Go before in my files available to delete. What is Word to Go?

What will happen if I restore with my NV backup or Backup Buddy? I know it says I might get a reset loop, so I'm just asking here.

I think. Thanks.
    Last edited by RickMG; 10/22/2006 at 07:42 PM.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    I just did the update, and now when I connect to the net, the disconnect option is not there, it just says "Connect VPN". I have updated with every upgrade with no problems and followed the instructions here to the letter....

Another thing I noticed is my free memory went from 11.7 mb to 7.3 mb. I also never noticed Word to Go before in my files available to delete. What is Word to Go?

What will happen if I restore with my NV backup or Backup Buddy? I know it says I might get a reset loop, so I'm just asking here.

I think. Thanks.
    Word to Go is part of Dataviz Doc to go. It allows you to view word documents on the Treo. That probably accounts for the majority of the lost free space.

The disconnect is under the first menu item. I noticed that it had moved.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonsdad View Post
    Word to Go is part of Dataviz Doc to go. It allows you to view word documents on the Treo. That probably accounts for the majority of the lost free space.

The disconnect is under the first menu item. I noticed that it had moved.
    Great, thank you. I realized what the word to go was and used DataViz (thank you Perry) and moved it to the card but I like to disconnect when I'm done with the web so I have no problems with incoming calls on Verizon. The new location is even easier than the old, I like that. I also like that I'm noticing a big increase in speed when I am using the internet. Again, thanks, I would've never found it.