1.    #1  
    I want to buy a 2nd Sprint 700p from a friend, but it freezes at the Access bootup screen. Tried hard resets, removing the battery, etc but it does not help. He did not have the Sprint insurance and it well enough off that he does not want to mess with Palm and the warranty.

If I buy this from him, could I get it replaced by Palm or Sprint since I am not the original buyer?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Do you have TEP on your sprint account now? If you do, then it will transfer to this phone and you will be covered. IF you don't, since its used asurion won't add insurance and you would have to pay sprint for the repair fee.
  3.    #3  
    I do have the $6 TEP on my current acct. If the new 700p won't boot past the "Access" boot screen, would I even be able to activate it w/Sprint?
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    I do have the $6 TEP on my current acct. If the new 700p won't boot past the "Access" boot screen, would I even be able to activate it w/Sprint?
    Call in to do the esn swap, then pretend to do the programing. Cust service can't tell if you have programed it, but would have activated the phone on the account. Once its on your account, just bring it to a corperate sprint store and leave it for the tech to repair. As long as its not physical/liquid damage the should exchange it for you. IF its liquid/physical damaged you would have to make an insurance claim, and if i remember correctly you would have to have a phone on the account for 30 days before you can make a claim. But as long as it can be covered by ESRP you should be all set, most reps don't pay attention to how long a phone has been active. When i get to sprint tonight, i will double check on the insurance part.
  5.    #5  
    That sounds great. Thanks for the quick reply
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    That sounds great. Thanks for the quick reply
    No problem, just trying to avoid work.